RDS: L'antichambre

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013
I always find myself watching this after the game. For some odd reason tonight i'm really struggling with P.J Stock. Why is this guy on the show? His French is so damn bad it's not even funny. Half his words are in English for pretty much the most horrendous Franglais i've ever heard on French t.v. Is it a joke that they have him on the show week in week out?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I always find myself watching this after the game. For some odd reason tonight i'm really struggling with P.J Stock. Why is this guy on the show? His French is so damn bad it's not even funny. Half his words are in English for pretty much the most horrendous Franglais i've ever heard on French t.v. Is it a joke that they have him on the show week in week out?

What comes out of Stock's mouth is usually a much better reason to hate him.

Substance over form. And there's plenty to say about Stock's substance to not bother at all with the form. Besides, he ain't even that bad.

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013
thanks for the pity post lol

bad enough the guy is completely anti habs, but the fact that he can barely eek out a sentence in french is just maddening. Should replace him with gino odjick or something.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
While we're all looking for substance, form does matter to the extent that it prevents you from completely deciphering what the substance is. :sarcasm:

I too don't get PJ Stock's continued presence on RDS. It wasn't enough when Stock came up with his infamous line a couple of years ago: Louis Leblanc est un kid locale. He has managed to get worse, since.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
What comes out of Stock's mouth is usually a much better reason to hate him.

Substance over form. And there's plenty to say about Stock's substance to not bother at all with the form. Besides, he ain't even that bad.

I agree. Plus, I try not to be too hard on people's second language skills. Heck most of the french guys on that show can't even put a decent sentence together.

Mynameismark*

At least he tries. Cant be said for those french guys, and he's better than any one of them not named Carbo. At least he knows the game and he isn't going to always praise the likes of every franco on the roster.

And nobody is worse than that host or Lavoie and the rest.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
At least he tries. Cant be said for those french guys, and he's better than any one of them not named Carbo. At least he knows the game and he isn't going to always praise the likes of every franco on the roster.

PJ Stock doesn't know the game, he doesn't know **** about hockey nor about anything in life. He's one of the dumbest mother****ers I've ever heard. Guess that's what getting punched in the face repeatedly does to you.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

Are you implying that they are not trying enough to speak english on l'antichambre? How is PJ trying more?

BTW I hated lantichambre havent watched it in years since I cant stand TV and never plan on actually getting one.

Mynameismark*

Are you implying that they are not trying enough to speak english on l'antichambre? How is PJ trying more?

BTW I hated lantichambre havent watched it in years since I cant stand TV and never plan on actually getting one.

I'm saying it takes guts to go on a tv show and try to speak a language you are not perfect at. I doubt those other guys would make the same efforts for say the CBC or TSN. If they have then good, but I dont think Stock should be mocked for attempting to debate in a language he isnt fluent at.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I'm saying it takes guts to go on a tv show and try to speak a language you are not perfect at. I doubt those other guys would make the same efforts for say the CBC or TSN. If they have then good, but I dont think Stock should be mocked for attempting to debate in a language he isnt fluent at.

I simply think that no one wants them. I know Jacques Demers made a couple shows in english.

In the case of PJ he started out in TV on RDS since before that he was on 990 so its kind of logical for him to make the jump on french television. Its not like hes forcing himself to do it, or even trying, thats how he made a living. He only had 2M$ total in career earnings as a player, sure he wasnt starving for the rest of his life but if he wasn't doing what hes doing right now hed still have to work a job somewhere.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Lots of you are misunderstanding the thing. It's a TV show. It needs ratings. If Cheery would be able to speak french they would have him on the show. 4 french guys ganging up on the ENGLISH guy in Quebec sells the show. PJ is pro Boston the most hated team in Quebec, it's a great idea to have PJ on the show to spark the action. RDS at times sure needs a " Gerry Springer " spark. OK, did you all WATCH THE SHOW???
We watch the show because we love the Habs, we NEED more Hab talk after each game so we watch the show. The bean counters LOVE it when tons of people are watching. PJ Stock is who he is and that is EXACTLY why they invite him, he provokes and represents ENGLISH Canada and Boston, speaks enough French to get by but NOT enough to win an argument. PJ is setup to be the bad guy and he sure plays it well. I don't care what others hate, I almost always watch the show, it sure is entertaining at times.

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013

Actually it takes a paycheck, not guts, and they are probably the only people willing to cut P.J one. The guy is terrible.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don't like PJ, but it's not like those buffoons Gaston Therrien and Francois Gagnon are more likeable.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
What makes it so hard to accept Stock is he's possibly the worst player to ever wear the CH. Worst all time, and now gets paid to analyze the team.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal

Right... ****ing P.J Stock is "better" than Vincent Damphousse, Denis Gauthier, Mathieu Darche...

Do tell us why you think he's better than them, if you please?

PricePkPatch*

There are countless reasons to slam PJ Stock.

His underwhelming french is not one of them. I don't mind anglophones who make an effort to learn french and just don't happen to be perfectly fluent in the language.

I hate Stock for plenty of other reasons though.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I find it odd that you can sit through anti chambre but you draw the line at PJ stock. They're all pretty much the same brand of stupid.

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
Actually i prefer him on l'Antichambre then when hes on CBC. He brings a different perspective but thats probably why people that are crying about his accent hate him. He rarely agrees with Tremblay and co. Who in my opinion, is the real clown.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
I think his French is good tbh. I find French people talking in English WAY more annoying.

I still think he's a ****ing moron tho.

Mynameismark*

Right... ****ing P.J Stock is "better" than Vincent Damphousse, Denis Gauthier, Mathieu Darche...

Do tell us why you think he's better than them, if you please?

Well Darche was good at what exactly? Those intangibles?

Stock would be a player more teammates prefer.

Damphousse is obviously way more skilled, but he's such a pacifist. I am so glad he was nout given our GM spot because he would have made this team soooooooo freakin soft. Cant stand his views on the game nowadays.

Besides, would you rather listen to Gagnon?

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I always find myself watching this after the game. For some odd reason tonight i'm really struggling with P.J Stock. Why is this guy on the show?

Funny, I was watching the show and came here to say pretty much the same thing. God damn he's so much a sore loser and a closet bruins. He ALWAYS looks for the bad side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad