• Shayne Gostisbehere

Votes: 37 23.7%
  • No real impact

Votes: 15 9.6%

• Total voters

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He didn't look all at that small as his numbers are.

I was impressive of his game against Detroit.

Tough to think about the top3 names, but Krug/Girard/Ghost, definitely yes.

Reactions: Bileur

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
A young Ghost would make sense.

The kid was given a TON of ice time, I'm not super shocked he was able to get the two assists. Can he handle a big heavy forecheck over 82 games? That's what I'm trying to see.

I think he is a GREAT offensive skater. Floats around the O-zone very well. But can he 1) learn to play sound positional d to the extent Hughes has? and 2) handle the physicality of the NHL?

For now, a young Ghost to me is a good comparison

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He didn't look all at that small as his numbers are.

I was impressive of his game against Detroit.

Tough to think about the top3 names, but Krug/Girard/Ghost, definitely yes.
I agree and think the first 3 names are a real reach but voted Krug as his offense will translate but overall game.....?

Probably not as much.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
A younger Gostisbehere is what I think, and that's not a slight. People forget Gostisbehere was top-10 in Norris voting in the '17-'18 season, if everything goes right he can hit that level.

Reactions: wetcoast

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I mean I think better than the latter 3 but not at the level of the top 3. I guess Torrey Krug impact wise is probably a good ball park but they're nothing alike other than being small, he's probably most similar to Fox from a playstyle perspective

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
f***ing Bobby Orr, anything else will be a failure
What's hilarious is that's how the media in Montreal is. Every prospect they have it's like : Caufield is the next Ovechkin? Guhle is the next Lindstrom? Suzuki is the next Bergeron? X player is the next Gretzky? Most of the expectations Montreal media puts on these kids are absurd and some fans actually believe it. I live in Quebec maybe I'm just suscribed on the most homer pages :laugh:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Crazy thread

What's hilarious is that's how the media in Montreal is. Every prospect they have it's like : Caufield is the next Ovechkin? Guhle is the next Lindstrom? Suzuki is the next Bergeron? X player is the next Gretzky? Most of the expectations Montreal media puts on these kids are absurd and some fans actually believe it. I live in Quebec maybe I'm just suscribed on the most homer pages :laugh:
Its not even the media man its the fans. What is wrong with them

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Voted Quinn Hughes but apparently it's a very unpopular option.

I have no idea how anyone can think of Gostisbehere while watching Hutson. Or Krug. Shrug.

17-18 Gostisbehere had a pretty incredible season. 3 points off leading defensemen in scoring.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
17-18 Gostisbehere had a pretty incredible season. 3 points off leading defensemen in scoring.
Okay but did you watch him play and then watch Hutson play?

I immediately thought of Quinn Hughes while Gostisbehere didn't even cross my mind.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Okay but did you watch him play and then watch Hutson play?

I immediately thought of Quinn Hughes while Gostisbehere didn't even cross my mind.

I did. The thread is about impact, not style or appearance.

I’m just saying people tend to underrate Ghost. Being compared to him isn’t some sort of insult.

It’s not impossible Hutson reaches Hughes levels. It’s just unlikely.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
A Ghostisbehere type impact wouldn't be implausible. But he's not really all that similar in play style. The thing with Hutson is just going to be...does his roving no defence style of play yield enough offensively to offset the hilarious shortcomings in his own end. And how long will coaches put up with it if he doesn't improve massively in that respect. And while improving in his defensive game would be beneficial in a vacuum...i'm not sure what that does to his offensive game. So much of what he does well offensively is pretty incompatible with responsible defence.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Voted Quinn Hughes but apparently it's a very unpopular option.

I have no idea how anyone can think of Gostisbehere while watching Hutson. Or Krug. Shrug.
Hughes is an impact 200 foot Dman who is going to win the Norris this year, Huston will be lucky to finish top 10 which is no slight as there are many great Dmen in the league and Huston is going to have a tough climb defensively and doesn't skate like Hughes and have his overall package.

Ghost is a good comp although I took Krug for the poll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad