Prospect Info: Landon Slaggert - LW - 2020 79th Overall

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Another NCAA pick.

Another Notre Damn pick (Gilbert, Morrison).

And this one is the ND AC's son.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
also where stanley went to college.....AC son, bachelor degree in accounting...gotta connect the dots here.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Again...went about where expected according to the BobMckenzie 10 NHL panel he uses for his rankings ...so not sone value pick or some try for home run swing(as I woukd have done).

Projects as 4th kinecenergy guy with physicality and motor.. but thebpiintvus we got Shaw as a 5th rounder notcax3rd thunder...so even though this guy went as a conensusvof pro scoutsxthought he would go near thisvpick,it seems like a too early take of this kind of pkayer.

I still think we shoukd have gone for more size or for a swing at either a hone run with bust risk ...not just another plentiful replaceable 4th line energy with grit but without the size type ...maybec4yh round but not 3rd round.

So again not excited by eitherbofbourc3rd round picks.

Also in not that great a year for u.s. hockey compared to the draft season,I a a bit concerned about our draft strategy ...

Saw other teams going more to Eirope ...

Just wondering.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
We need these types in the system, hopefully, he's more than a 4th liner skill-wise.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Like this kid. Think he could be a nice complimentary, high energy, 200 foot player. Kind of exactly what we need. Hopefully he can be developed into a nice third line player for us down the line.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
What happened this year? Only seen ND play once this year on TV and haven't had time to pay attention. Stats look awful but he is shooting 6%

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
What happened this year? Only seen ND play once this year on TV and haven't had time to pay attention. Stats look awful but he is shooting 6%
I watched ND twice this year and in both instances Slaggert was his usual self- buzzing the net, setting screens, hard on the forecheck, PP and PK.

During an intermission interview(January game), the ND coach stated some players are gripping their sticks too tight and a couple of goals would finally get them going. Slaggert was one of the players he was referring to.

Slaggert was good in the U20 make up this past summer. Why that has not translated to a good junior year for him is beyond me based upon my limited viewing this seaason.

Reactions: Muffinalt

giza

Jul 19, 2011
He picked a poor year to be less productive, but the Hawks clearly need more sandpaper with an element of skill. ......I say they sign him......I'm wondering about Jake Wise too.

Cold Steel on Ice

Feb 12, 2020
He picked a poor year to be less productive, but the Hawks clearly need more sandpaper with an element of skill. ......I say they sign him......I'm wondering about Jake Wise too.
Wise has looked good this year.Finally healthy

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

@benpopecst with a bombshell.
“[Among] our forward prospects, he’s probably the most NHL-ready out of all of them. If you look at the state of the Blackhawks, he’s one that could potentially get an opportunity here pretty soon.”

It's not just Slaggerts work on the boards and in front of the net that make him NHL ready, it's his smarts. He rarely makes mistakes and is positionally sound. His dad has been an assistant coach at ND for 20+ years and Slaggerts been coached up his entire lifetime.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Don’t think I realized his dad was an assistant at Notre Dame. Makes even more sense he’d play his senior year there even with his brother joining the team.

I definitely suspect he will get in games for the Hawks. Not surprised but great to hear he’s ready to sign all the same.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“[Among] our forward prospects, he’s probably the most NHL-ready out of all of them. If you look at the state of the Blackhawks, he’s one that could potentially get an opportunity here pretty soon.”

It's not just Slaggerts work on the boards and in front of the net that make him NHL ready, it's his smarts. He rarely makes mistakes and is positionally sound. His dad has been an assistant coach at ND for 20+ years and Slaggerts been coached up his entire lifetime.
If he signs and comes in this season, how high in the lineup do you use him?
He seems (to me) to be a guy who would be effective in a 3rd (maybe 4th) line role and PK.
On this current team he’s a 1st liner.

Does playing up cause false expectations for him and hurt confidence when (if) he gets moved down?
Do you simply let him get his feet wet on a lower line (and burn a year of ELC)?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If he signs and comes in this season, how high in the lineup do you use him?
He seems (to me) to be a guy who would be effective in a 3rd (maybe 4th) line role and PK.
On this current team he’s a 1st liner.

Does playing up cause false expectations for him and hurt confidence when (if) he gets moved down?
Do you simply let him get his feet wet on a lower line (and burn a year of ELC)?
Play him lower to start and mix him in on the top 6 for shifts here and there

benpopecst

Nov 27, 2023

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad