Youtube: Landeskog vs Ladd fight

Analyzer*

Good stamina to pretty much be throwing punches the entire time.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Thought Landeskog would surely get it handed to him, but that was a nice win. Probably lucked out that Ladd got caught up in his jersey.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Great fight....I would have liked to see both buckets come off but two captains throwing big punches is pretty rare to see.

Last edited:

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
nhl.com actually showed some of the fight. That is rare these days. I guess it was because of the pedigree of the fighters

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
i usually don't care for fights but this was a really good fight between two really good players. this is way more legit to have two skilled players (captains) squaring off instead of having a guy like scott on the ice with only that one purpose.
i also liked how even it was.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Landeskog had the advantage of having a helmet with visor on. I wouldnt want to punch right into a helmet...

Anyway, good fight.

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
i usually don't care for fights but this was a really good fight between two really good players. this is way more legit to have two skilled players (captains) squaring off instead of having a guy like scott on the ice with only that one purpose.
i also liked how even it was.

It was a classic "staged fight" the typical poster here despises, it happened immediately right off of the faceoff. So we've reached the point that "staged fights" are fine with posters as long as the players engaging in it are skilled?

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
I don't think you know what staged fights are

I don't think you know what they are, the league itself as well as most hockey media has described fights that begin immediately after a faceoff as being "staged fights" because in that situation there is no prior "heat of the moment" conflict between the two players during gameplay to justify it. However, I can see loud and clear what the typical poster defines as a "staged fight", they mean any fight between two enforcers, whether a fight is in the "heat of the moment" or not plays no factor in this ridiculous anti-enforcer obsession.

If two enforcers fight each other after a faceoff it is a "stupid and staged fight" but if two talented skilled players fight each other after a faceoff that's a "totally justified and awesome fight and good for the game!" :shakehead

Under this bizarre mentality a fight directly after a faceoff is only "stupid" and "staged" if the player who is fighting isn't a goal scorer. I wish posters would just admit that this is what is really meant by the hatred of "staged fighting", it isn't about the "staged" aspect at all, it is about who is doing the fighting not the type of fight it is.

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
Wow, I didn't realize Landeskog could handle himself like that. Good fight.

And no, this wasn't a "staged fight".

It happened right after a faceoff, there was no "heat of the moment" conflict during the gameplay between the two players to justify it. It looked like every "staged" enforcer fight I've ever seen.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
It happened right after a faceoff, there was no "heat of the moment" conflict during the gameplay between the two players to justify it. It looked like every "staged" enforcer fight I've ever seen.

It wasn't staged other than saying you want to go. Landeskog wanted to fight ladd since ladd took a run at him and another player in their last game on dec 5th so there was bad blood between them already.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I would and wouldn't define that as a staged fight.

Two talentless hacks that play 3-7 minutes a night dropping the mits to open a period is a legit staged fight.

This tilt? One team looking to maintain position in the PO picture (Jets) and the other team looking to gain in the standings and get themselves right (Avs) Divisional opponents. Hotly contested game (1-1 half way through the game)

There are staged fights, and while this may LOOK like one, it is not.

good for both guys.

mygameworn

Dec 24, 2007
Connecticut
mygameworn.net
I don't think you know what staged fights are

Two players fighting off a face off is considered a "Staged Fight". Had this been Mcgrattan and Gazdic the anti-fighting bandwagon would have been crying. You cannot pick and choose what is a staged fight. Either all fights off the draw are considered "staged" or none are.

Wow, I didn't realize Landeskog could handle himself like that. Good fight.

And no, this wasn't a "staged fight".

I agree this wasn't staged, but this same type of situation has happened hundreds if not thousands of times before Landeskog and Ladd fought, and when this type of fight happens between one dimensional players its considered a "staged fight". There is a double standard.

I would and wouldn't define that as a staged fight.

Two talentless hacks that play 3-7 minutes a night dropping the mits to open a period is a legit staged fight.

This tilt? One team looking to maintain position in the PO picture (Jets) and the other team looking to gain in the standings and get themselves right (Avs) Divisional opponents. Hotly contested game (1-1 half way through the game)

There are staged fights, and while this may LOOK like one, it is not.

good for both guys.

If this scenario happened and it was Bordeleau and Peluso you wouldn't be saying that.

Take the Rangers and Devils game from 2012. Bad blood between the teams, one team trying to set the tone, another team refusing to back down. "One team looking to maintain position in the PO picture (Rags) and the other team looking to gain in the standings and get themselves right (Devils) Divisional opponents."

You can make a case for any situation.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Isnt staged fights more when players who is only on the team because they can fight, fight each other so they can show who ever is paying them that they are still useful? Isnt that why fighters often fight each other for no apparent reason?

Anyway, good fight and nice to see a Swede landing most of the punches. :laugh:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
The reason this isn't a staged fight is because it was the result of legitimate animosity brewing between two guys that are otherwise involved in other aspects of the game, over the past two matchups between this team. It's not too enforcers doing what they have to to keep their jobs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad