Confirmed with Link: Landeskog Suspended Two Games

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The league views the Avs so far as this year's goons. EJ borderline hit, Barrie, Landy...

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Just saw the video for the first time (yeah, I'm lazy). To me it looks like a pretty blatant hit to the head. Marchand is a smurf so maybe Landy didn't intend to go for the head, and was thinking in line of a standard yet surprise shoulder-to-shoulder hit. Still, a hit to the head is a hit to the head.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Don't mind this, this will benefit us in the long run. If Landy is really nursing a injury, a couple more days off should help him out.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Could be a good thing if Grigs actually gets a chance and Landy gets some rest. Wasn't playing too well the past few games for whatever reason.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Just saw the video for the first time (yeah, I'm lazy). To me it looks like a pretty blatant hit to the head. Marchand is a smurf so maybe Landy didn't intend to go for the head, and was thinking in line of a standard yet surprise shoulder-to-shoulder hit. Still, a hit to the head is a hit to the head.

The shoulder was the principle point of contact, and then the follow through hit the head. Based on the other borderline hits we've seen this season, no way this one should've been suspended.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
im indifferent to this. If this was mackinnon getting hit like that I know we would be going crazy. Since its marchant I don't care as much. Id say 2 games is reasonable.

Only reason im think he shouldn't be suspended is cause of byfyugliynene got off free

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Don't agree with this. Hell, even on the main board, most folks do not think it was a head shot. DoPS even said in the video that he got shoulder first, but then that the head was "main point of contact." Really think there is a double standard sometimes.

Worst part is now Landy will be a repeat offender any time a borderline incident happens, and he does not appear to be one of the lucky ones that gets stuff glossed over for him (see Buff, Brown, Backes...maybe he needs to change his name to Bandeskog).

R S

Sep 18, 2006
As I said on Twitter. No issue with the suspension, but I do wonder how Byfuglien didn't get suspended for his hit on Gallagher. His was just as bad and looked FAR more blatant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad