GDT: LaLaLa | GAME 2 | IRRELEVANT SENS VS ENTITLED HABS | 7PM | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Theres no doubt that in 2013 we had a much better team, i think we overrated the Sens based on what they did the last quarter of the season. But we have to many holes in our line up.

The problem is our PP has been disastrous, the Zibanejad-Ryan-Hoffman combo has been quiet for weeks and now Stone is injured so the line that was saving the day every game probably can't save us this time.

The team isn't overrated... it's just that our second line has been MIA for weeks now and our best forward is now injured.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Theres no doubt that in 2013 we had a much better team, i think we overrated the Sens based on what they did the last quarter of the season. But we have to many holes in our line up.

We all knew this. I'm repeating myself, but this is the summer we have to get that second pairing dman. Enough of this endless search for another top 6 forward.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'd gladly take Jack Edwards. At least he's entertaining and I'd love to hear some Habs hate.

I said "loan" not give ;).

I go to all B's home games and sometimes wonder what Jack has to say when something exciting happens. He does hate the Habs as all good Bruin's fans should.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
There was a guy lying on the ice in front of him so he stayed on his feet...

He stayed upright to protect the upper half of the net.

The other one is a slapshot from just above the faceoff circle. It's basically roll the dice - does the shot hit him, does it go in or does it go wide?

He looked shaky from the first shot in the 2nd and he misplayed a few shots. Pacioretty's goal, the guy on the ice (Michalek) was well away from Pacioretty.

On Subban's goal, he was too deep in his net. He has to come out to well above the blue paint on that play. He's pretty deep in the net on the goal.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
The good new is...Bingo's last game is tomorrow, so we can call up Prince and sit Ryan. Sit Chia and play Neil. All will be well. Go Sens!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, the team definitely has to look at the roster and make some tough decisions. Bench guys who simply aren't playing well, and give that icetime to guys who are willing to battle.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We all knew this. I'm repeating myself, but this is the summer we have to get that second pairing dman. Enough of this endless search for another top 6 forward.

After watching Michalek and Ryan on the 2nd line tonight, I'd say we might not entirely want to give up on the search.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
albator71

Not that many holes a couple spots yes but not like in 2013 where we had around 7 holes.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Just came by to make an observation....

Both our power play and penalty kill suffer from the same problem. No intensity. No pushing the play.

That starts with coaching and we need to begin there. Dear Melnyk, please bring in a ringer to handle special teams. 5 on 5 is pretty good.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

We didn't have a better team in 2013. We just had a better work ethic in 2013 and better goaltending.

If we had good goaltending game 1 we win quite easily. Anderson was very good in game 1 in 2013. We were outplayed the same.

We still not out of this game yet either. Far from it. We have to win the 3rd period. It's a must.

Also, take out Chiasson and Legwand and put in Grant and Robinson. Trust me. Do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad