Trade: [LAL/LAC] Mike Muscala for Michael Beasley and Ivica Zubac

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
magic and rob were so stupid to let lopez go. they already had their shooting big man and for some reason they let him go

Yeah, that wasn't a smart move. They then used the money they had on non-shooters and are now looking for shooting. This was bad in the moment and looks even worse now......

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Is it just me or is this ****ing horrendous for the Lakers?

i think they definitely could've gotten more and it sucks to see zubac go but like i mentioned, some team was going to throw an overpriced contract at him in the summer

lakers knew he wasn't going to be brought back

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
i think they definitely could've gotten more and it sucks to see zubac go but like i mentioned, some team was going to throw an overpriced contract at him in the summer

lakers knew he wasn't going to be brought back
It's pretty shitty that Bryant and Zubac are both gone now lol.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
If we weren't gonna get much for Zu, I would have preferred to keep him the rest of the season. We're trying to win now and he was playing really well. It just makes no sense to me to trade him.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
After this trade, from the Blake Griffin trade, the Clippers got

SGA
Jamychal Green
Garrett Temple
Wilson Chandler
Landry Shamet
Ivica Zubac
2020 PHI 1st
2021 MIA 1st
2021 DET 2nd
2023 DET 2nd

Basically this ends up being their starting point guard for the next 5 years and at the very least another good starter (banking on one of Shamet/Zubac becoming good starters) for the next 5 years. And that's not including the firsts.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Do you feel LeBron's attraction to ****ty rosters hurts his legacy?
I don't know if it will, but it should.

I've long maintained that for as great a talent as he is, LeBron James is arguably the worst superstar in the history of the NBA at analyzing talent.

He picks and chooses horrendous players to team with, whether stylistically or flat out lack of talent.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't know if it will, but it should.

I've long maintained that for as great a talent as he is, LeBron James is arguably the worst superstar in the history of the NBA at analyzing talent.

He picks and chooses horrendous players to team with, whether stylistically or flat out lack of talent.

This argument would hold more water if Jordan wasn’t continuously running an NBA franchise into the ground :laugh:

Reactions: dahrougem2

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lol well, I mean as a player

But knowing what we know now, do you really wanna know the kind of teams Jordan woulda surrounded himself with if he had that kind of power then?

...I mean I do, as a late-80s-born bitter Knicks fan who grew up in chicago...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
But knowing what we know now, do you really wanna know the kind of teams Jordan woulda surrounded himself with if he had that kind of power then?

...I mean I do, as a late-80s-born bitter Knicks fan who grew up in chicago...
Lmao I still think that LeBron is worse

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad