Trade: [LAL/CLE] Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance for Cavs 2018 1st, Channing Frye, and Isaiah Thomas

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Depends, in his defence he just wanted to be the main guy again. He didn't like how LeBron called him his son or little bro, he wanted to be alpha dog, which I get because he won a championship, so now there isn't a huge need to be on a top team (obviously it worked out that way).
I understand that, but it is still putting himself above the team. Being more worried about his specific role on the team instead of the team's success is putting himself above the team, even one he demanded a trade from.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I understand that, but it is still putting himself above the team. Being more worried about his specific role on the team instead of the team's success is putting himself above the team, even one he demanded a trade from.

I agree. He should have stuck it out at least until this summer to see what LeBron was going to do. But I also understand why he wanted out, even tho I disagree with it.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
this also means the lakers are all in on randle
Still hear rumors they are going to renounce Randle for more cap space. Would be a mistake in my opinion. With him as part of their core one big name FA would be enough to get them to playoff status+.

My Best-Carey

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Still hear rumors they are going to renounce Randle for more cap space. Would be a mistake in my opinion. With him as part of their core one big name FA would be enough to get them to playoff status+.

My Best-Carey

i don't think so. i think this trade was an indicator that they're planning to bring randle back

i agree that it would be a mistake to let him go. he's shown that he's a valuable part of this team

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

My Best-Carey

They will do so if they have commitments from 2 stars and need the cap space, otherwise they wont.

Could also include him in a sign&trade for one of them.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
They will do so if they have commitments from 2 stars and need the cap space, otherwise they wont.

Depending on who the stars are I still like keeping Randle and build around he, Ball, and Ingram plus one max. star. I really think Randle has finally shown he can be productive (his per/36 numbers are excellent) and that core could make a long term contending team. On the other hand, Randle is a throwback. Back to the basket post guy who doesn't space the floor or shoot threes. Supposedly, not what Walton wants to be about. But not everyone can be GS and maybe you need some inside scoring still.

My Best-Carey

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Correct. Randle is a nice player, but you don't let him stand in the way of signing LeBron and George for example.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Depending on who the stars are I still like keeping Randle and build around he, Ball, and Ingram plus one max. star. I really think Randle has finally shown he can be productive (his per/36 numbers are excellent) and that core could make a long term contending team. On the other hand, Randle is a throwback. Back to the basket post guy who doesn't space the floor or shoot threes. Supposedly, not what Walton wants to be about. But not everyone can be GS and maybe you need some inside scoring still.

My Best-Carey

I am a huge Randle fan (Big UK fan, so) but as nice as it would be to sign 1 max star and build around the core you're banking on potential and that's not always the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00