Trade: [LAL/CLE] Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance for Cavs 2018 1st, Channing Frye, and Isaiah Thomas

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
IT never fit in, which I get cause he went from Alpha Dog in Boston to second fiddle who didn't have the summer or training camp to create chemistry with his team mates.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So what you’re saying is Cavs went from Kyrie to Isaiah to a journeyman in less than a year. What a joke organization.

I understand Isaiah wasn’t working but that was all you could get AND you had to include your first?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So what you’re saying is Cavs went from Kyrie to Isaiah to a journeyman in less than a year. What a joke organization.

I understand Isaiah wasn’t working but that was all you could get AND you had to include your first?

IT is a pending free agent who's played like a shell of his 2017 self. They really needed a PF with Love out and both Clarkson+Nance are signed for next season. Cavs wouldn't of been able to afford IT come July, and if LeBron leaves there'd be no point of re-signing him.

Lakers could also do a sign & trade if a team really wants IT.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Its almost certain he'll sign elsewhere this summer, so that would be 4 teams in a year for him. Look for him to ask for minimum 4 years.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
If the Lakers stretch Deng and don't bring back Randle, they'll have $69 million in cap space this summer. Not a bad deal, but I'm gonna miss Larry!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I like it for both teams. Cavs get younger and more athletic. Thomas looked terrible on the court and it sounds like he was equally terrible off of it so they get him out of there too.

The Lakers accomplish what they wanted to do by clearing cap space. Everyone kept saying they had to attach something good, like a future 1st round pick, to get rid of Clarkson but instead they're the ones getting a 1st.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rachel Nichols says Thomas' agent says he's not coming off the bench in LA. If that was their plan and he refuses, they should just buy him out before he causes more problems.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Rachel Nichols says Thomas' agent says he's not coming off the bench in LA. If that was their plan and he refuses, they should just buy him out before he causes more problems.
:laugh: This guy talking a whole lot for someone whose played poorly after missing half the season. Someone will regret paying him.

Love the NBA for transactions. The Cavs completely changed their look and likely for the better. Lakers get a first rounder and dump the contract. Now space for two max contracts next year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

He can start until Lonzo comes back lol but yea better off they buy him out and maybe he can rebuild his value before free agency.

:laugh: This guy talking a whole lot for someone whose played poorly after missing half the season. Someone will regret paying him.

Love the NBA for transactions. The Cavs completely changed their look and likely for the better. Lakers get a first rounder and dump the contract. Now space for two max contracts next year.

Honestly. Everything has gone downhill since he demanded (one year before free agency) that he get a max contract and that he deserves it. History tells us doing that results in half the money you were going to get (see Bautista, Jose). He lost all the goodwill he earned from his sisters death + playoff performance.

NBA is BY FAR the best league for trades. Every team is always doing something.

Feel bad for Isaiah for what went down in Boston, but the guy hasn't done himself any favors sense then.

I never got the feeling he cared to become apart of the Cavs camaraderie or culture. Like he was there for 1/2 a season and that's it. No wonder LeBron didn't like him.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

Thomas rushed back from injury no less and is likely still hurt. Cleveland wasn't going to obtain much but had to get rid of him. Cleveland's chemistry is horrific

He didn't help his position whatsoever in Cleveland and it was clear his teammates hated his guts. Plus I wouldn't doubt he is still bitter from Boston trading him and this being his contract year.

But Cleveland fans were using him as the fall guy for their frustration. It's not his fault Kyrie Irving saw the writing on the wall and bolted before LeBron had the chance. Nor is the roster without him his fault.

At least Cleveland still has the Brooklyn pick. Unfortunately, while it will be a lottery pick, Brooklyn isn't completely awful like last season.

Then again, just watch that pick land at #1 as another LeBron left again parting gift.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I like what Cleveland did today. I don't know if it will work, but they made some drastic changes in an effort to improve this years team while acquiring a nice future piece in Hood and retaining the Brooklyn pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad