NBA Lakers name Frank Vogel head coach

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Defense will be stressed. I like it. I like players who play great D such as LeBron did before last season.

For a negative example I like Sir "Nothing good ever happened playing D" Charles. I realize he's joking, but many champions played better D than he did and as we all know he never won a ring.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Why would you force-hire Jason Kidd onto the staff? That guy is about as anti-Vogel as it gets
Agreed.

"Frank Vogel, Frank Ocean, Frank Gore, don't matter, this my team"

D6Ul31nV4AAT8r8.jpg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Vogel was good with the Pacers and then really bad with the Magic so I don't really know what to think of him. Forcing Kidd, who could be his eventual replacement, onto his staff doesn't seem like a great idea either because Kidd is absolutely the type of person who would back stab the HC to take his job. The other issue is that you want an offensive mind with Vogel but coming up with a good offensive game plan and designing plays weren't exactly Kidd's strengths with the Nets and Bucks.

If I were a Lakers fan, the thing that would worry me and make me question if this is a good hiring or not is that it was apparently Phil Jackson and Kurt Rambis' idea:

Vogel's candidacy speaks to the significant influence of Lakers adviser Kurt Rambis and former coach Phil Jackson, whose opinions weigh heavily with owner Jeanie Buss. Jackson and Rambis had strongly considered Vogel's candidacy in New York before hiring Jeff Hornacek in 2016.

Rambis was deeply involved in the interview and evaluation process of the coaching candidates since Luke Walton and the franchise parted ways last month.

Sources: Vogel to coach Lakers with Kidd on staff

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
If the Lakers get some players that defend with LeBron and make 3s, they can win some games. I don't think they can win with this young core. They won 2 more games with LeBron.

Lonzo shoots 43.7% career FT (FOR A PG! :eek: ) which is historically bad, worse than Shaq. He's a 6th man who can't be used in the last 2 minutes.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Kidd will be out on his ass quick working for that org. An ego as large as his simply cannot co-exist with the other big egos, namely LeBron on the court and clownshow actually running the team by committee.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Great hire. Experienced guy and someone who LeBron has a lot of admiration for. Not a yes man either like Lue.

RE his time with the Magic.... you try to make the playoffs with the crap he was given to work with.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Great hire. Experienced guy and someone who LeBron has a lot of admiration for. Not a yes man either like Lue. RE his time with the Magic.... you try to make the playoffs with the crap he was given to work with.
Agreed. Unfortunately they'll switch to bad coach Kidd eventually.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the issue with kidd is that he's a backstabbing POS who will very well try and sabotage the HC job for himself like he did in milwaukee

and in a perfect spot given rambis is infatuated with him for some reason

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
the issue with kidd is that he's a backstabbing POS who will very well try and sabotage the HC job for himself like he did in milwaukee and in a perfect spot given rambis is infatuated with him for some reason

"In January 2001, Kidd was arrested for hitting his now ex-wife Joumana. He pleaded guilty to spousal abuse and was fined $200 and ordered to take anger management training. He was eventually traded to the Nets." History of Jason Kidd's past incidents

Agreed. He has a history of spousal abuse, drunk driving, backstabbing other coaches, forcing trades, etc. History of Jason Kidd's past incidents

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad