KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
:kings
Alexander Romanov LD 2.5M
Matt Martin LW 1.5M

:isles
Matt Roy RD 3.1M
Arthur Kaliyev RW 894K

LA opens up a spot for both Spence and Clarke to play every night while finally being able to scratch Englund in acquiring a cost controlled young LHD. Kaliyev would be a nice addition for a retool in NY, young middle six goal scorer and getting a legit #3 shut down guy they can either keep or flip.

Mikey Anderson/Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov/Brandt Clarke
Alexander Romanov/Jordan Spence
*Andreas Englund

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Romanov is too valuable to the Isles and you're just giving your over abundance of RD problem to a new team. Dobson-Pulock-Mayfield

I think there's something around Kaliyev for Wahlstrom as a shakeup for both players that could work but I don't know what else makes sense to bring Kaliyev to NYI

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Matt Martin LW 1.5M

Matt Roy RD 3.1M
Arthur Kaliyev RW 894K

LA opens up a spot for both Spence and Clarke to play every night while finally being able to scratch Englund in acquiring a cost controlled young LHD. Kaliyev would be a nice addition for a retool in NY, young middle six goal scorer and getting a legit #3 shut down guy they can either keep or flip.

*Andreas Englund
Islanders block LA’s number

Reactions: Ignite111

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Islanders block LA’s number
The rest of Drew Doughty’s teeth would wind up missing after Lou calls his connections in addition to blocking the number.

Matt Martin LW 1.5M

Matt Roy RD 3.1M
Arthur Kaliyev RW 894K

*Andreas Englund
Romanov is substantially better than a 3rd pairing LHD. Then again I’m putting him over both Anderson and Gavrikov as well.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Wahlstrom is funny when he flattens little skilled players.
Would rather find something to bribe Kaliyev to get him to throw a hit. 😂 Maybe a ring pop? Some Skittles? He unloaded on that Duck in preseason. Just have to harness the anger.
The King's could probably do better than Wahlstrom if they're moving Kaliyev.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
If that doesn't scare him, we'll send Anders Lee after both Gavrikov and Kaliyev at the same time. Kings fans can't handle a two sport stud like Anders.
Players isles should be building around

Barzal Horvat Holmstrom
Romanov Dobson
Sorokin.

No one is untouchable but those are the guys that I would likely trade the least.
Not to derail the thread, but big game tomorrow against the Penguins, what’s the keys to winning that one against a angry Penguins team?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Not to derail the thread, but big game tomorrow against the Penguins, what’s the keys to winning that one against a angry Penguins team?
Not taking penalties and actually clearing the puck out of the zone. They outplayed the Rangers substantially 5v5 yesterday for most of the game and decided to just take penalties at some awful times. Roy actually plays his best players more and shows emotion, unlike his counterpart Lane Lambert.

Reactions: Play

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Romanov is damn good, and a great target for many reasons, but he would simply be 3rd on the depth chart in LA (at this time).

If the Kings are gonna trade Roy to make room on the right side for Spence & Clarke, then they need to be looking to fill the 3rd pair on the left side as a part of that move.

Romanov is definitely a whole hell of a lot better than a 3rd pairing D, and is rightfully gonna cost as much to acquire.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
  • Haha
Reactions: Isles72 and Play

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't really see any value in this for the Isles. Not only giving up the younger player under team control, but...swapping a much needed LHD where they're thin, for a UFA RHD where they've already got 3 deep locked under contract, including two top-pairing caliber guys. Just not really considering the Isles needs at all.

Kaliyev really just doesn't have much of any value. He's a real "tweener" player. Offensive goal-scoring winger who isn't really cut out for an impact bottom-6/checking/energy role...but isn't really good enough offensively to justify in the Top-6 either.

I could see a swap like someone else suggested, for Wahlstrom. But at that point you're really just swapping similar tweeners and i doubt even that would interest the Isles that much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad