Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kovalchuk agrees to terms with Kings (3 years, $6.25M AAV) official on July 1st

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It’s Kovalchuk not someone who’s a bender . He still produced in the KHL. We always say players in their 35+ years will be bad blah blah blah what about Marleau ? Joe Thornton ? Selanne ? And many others . This first time Kopi has someone with the sniper capabilities. I for one am very excited
I would be as well. I thought the Marleau signing last summer was a good one by the leafs, i like this one too.

Reactions: Laus723

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't understand why people think this is too much money. Kovalchuk looks like he still has plenty in the tank, even if he's not going to be "the old" Kovalchuk (...well, he's now The Old Kovalchuk). With the cap going up, we're gonna see a lot of $6m deals handed out to lesser players than Kovy.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
I don't understand why people think this is too much money. Kovalchuk looks like he still has plenty in the tank, even if he's not going to be "the old" Kovalchuk (...well, he's now The Old Kovalchuk). With the cap going up, we're gonna see a lot of $6m deals handed out to lesser players than Kovy.

This 100%. Added a top 6 winger for free asset wise just money. Kopi/kovy will be a thing of beauty.

Look at how great radulov has been since returning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad