Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kings sign Paul LaDue to 2 year contract ($825k AAV)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
hopefully he can get a regular spot with LA and start developing

26 years old (in September) is rather late to start developing, even for a defenseman. He's coming close to being passed on the depth chart by younger players, especially Brickley. I think that this upcoming training camp is virtually make or break for him.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
This is the guy Kings fans didn't want to give up for Landeskog. Lets see how he turns out.

Last edited:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Why did Avalanche fans consider giving up Landeskog for him?

It was during the dark 16-17 year, and it was LaDue++ for Landy that was talked here, maybe even rumoured. Can't remember. Many Avs fans didn't like him as the main piece coming back for Landy, some Kings fans were telling us that Landy won't get LaDue++.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Sort of. Avs wanted Muzzin, Kempe, LaDue, 1st. LA was hesitant on giving up Kempe and LaDue. It wasn't just him, it was Kempe too.

Don't think it was all that. How I remember was that LaDue was the best player in the trade from Kings side. Might be wrong in that regard.

I just remember that Kings fans didn't want to include him in a potential Landeskog deal.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
This is the guy Kings fans didn't want to give up for Landeskog. Lets see how turns out.
Never heard of that. As KingsOfCali said, the reason for that trade not going through would have been Kempe not LaDue. I've always liked LaDue but I've never considered him untouchable...

Reactions: Kylo Ren

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Seemed like the Kings were anticipating him getting into more games last year, but then Fantenberg came on and MacDermid took a spot with his toughness. But when Ladue did play he registered a few points. The coaching staff seems to like him, he's a hard working player but isn't great at anything. A little bit older because he went to college, there's still definitely a player there if the roster spot opens up.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Woof. Sorry, I don't have time nor the energy to search threads from 16-17 season. Maybe some Avs fans can chime in and confirm my memories of the situation.

I've got both.

Y'all did that to yourself.

Here's the Landeskog thread from January 2017. https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/la-kings-with-heavy-interest-in-landeskog.2172503/page-12. Ladue's name only shows up on p.12, with no reference to being a trade, only mentioning the prospect depth.

Friedman's 30 thoughts 5 days later mentioned the Avs were scouting LA and looking at LaDue, though Friedman had heard that he wasn't available. https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-canadian-team-land-kevin-shattenkirk The "source" Friedman was likely John Hoven who referred to LaDue as the only untouchable of the Kings blue line prospects

Since then there are 120 mentions of LaDue on the Avs board, all of them mocking the "untouchable Paul LaDue."

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/la-kings-with-heavy-interest-in-landeskog.2172499/page-15

Here's the Kings' board discussion, in which an Avs fans suggests it may not be Landeskog, but a rental the Kings are targeting and the responses from Kings fans are that LaDue should not be traded for a rental. The general consensus in the posts that follow were that LaDue was not near enough to land Landeskog.

Conclusion: The "They wouldn't trade LaDue for Landeskog" was a narrative a few Avs fans created for themselves...and then oddly repeated for a year and a half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad