Waived: [LAK] G David Rittich waived by the Kings (cleared)

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
EP48gbxWsAAl2il

It all went downhill from here.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
This brings his NHL chronicle to a close.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That says more about the other two than it does about Rittich

I mean it's all a f***in graveyard and just another chapter in the Rob Blake masterclass

Trying to 'sneak' a .901 goalie thru waivers because you're so worried all you'll be left with is a .903 goalie and a .898 goalie and nothing at all with NHL experience behind them in the entire org

All so you can keep Andreas f***ing Englund on the roster ON HIS WRONG SIDE while sending down Spence and Clarke, going from having 10 RDs deep to rolling out Englund/Bjornfot as a 3rd pairing, because you've mismanaged the cap, youth, and positions that badly. But hey, at least we got a shiny new toy at C, instead of the multiple lottery picks you spent on Cs.

that is how bad the goaltending is in LA right now, they're praying Big Save Dave gets thru.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Curious how it ends for him. Seems like a cool guy. It all went to hell after that Stick Flip though. Still, I think he'll even get a few NHL games in this season. Sounds like his preseason wasn't even awful.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Wondering if he was also waved at by the Kings...like a bon voyage as he was pushing away from shore? 🤷‍♂️

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
All so you can keep Andreas f***ing Englund on the roster ON HIS WRONG SIDE while sending down Spence and Clarke, going from having 10 RDs deep to rolling out Englund/Bjornfot as a 3rd pairing, because you've mismanaged the cap, youth, and positions that badly. But hey, at least we got a shiny new toy at C, instead of the multiple lottery picks you spent on Cs.
I complained about that earlier elsewhere:
So much for the anticipation for most of the Summer that Clarke and Spence would both make the team. Neither ended up making it, and not because either did anything wrong, but because of Blake's roster management.

Blake should've never signed Englund, much less to 2 years, and Englund shouldn't be taking one of the kids' spots after having a bad preseason, IMO. Blake also shouldn't have brought back Lewis and extended Moore for $21M, which reduced the roster room and money further.

Sure, Clarke and Spence will both suit up for the Kings a good number of times throughout the season, but they'll be ping-ponging back and forth between leagues just to suit Blake's accounting, not because it's what's best for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Not "Sometimes Save" Dave.

Seriously though, I would not be surprised to see him get another NHL job in the future....he's okay at his position. A major issue with his career is that he sometimes plays way above the backup position. He does this for just long enough to get more responsibility, then gets absolutely destroyed when he's put in anything more than a backup/relief position. He could still be an adequate backup.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I quietly still root for Rittich. He's had such a rough ride. I really hope he can find a path for a longer NHL career.

He went to arbitration twice and had to settle instead because the arbitration date coincidentally landed on his wedding day, then his wedding anniversary.

His bro has autism but loves watching him play.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3