Proposal: LAK/COL

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I really don’t think the Avs need another top winger. They are top 3 in NHL goals per game. It’s their D that can use a upgrade.

You got Makar, Girard, Zadorov and then a declining Johnson and Cole.

NOW if Colorado can get LA to eat some of Doughty’s cap hit, you got yourself a straight up power house.

What’s the current contract? 7 more years at 11 mill?

Eat 2.5 and send it to Colorado at 8.5

What would be the ask I wonder? Drew has let it be known he wants to be on a contender.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I really don’t think the Avs need another top winger. They are top 3 in NHL goals per game. It’s their D that can use a upgrade.

You got Makar, Girard, Zadorov and then a declining Johnson and Cole.

NOW if Colorado can get LA to eat some of Doughty’s cap hit, you got yourself a straight up power house.

What’s the current contract? 7 more years at 11 mill?

Eat 2.5 and send it to Colorado at 8.5

What would be the ask I wonder? Drew has let it be known he wants to be on a contender.

Drew has also let it be known he is committed to LA, loves being a king and understands what the team is going through.

If LA s retaining 2.5 M for 7 years the ask would be very very huge. Hell it would be just for Drew straight up. Byram, Timmons, 1st ++

more realistically you should be asking about Martinez, but not sure if he is an upgrade on Johnson

Reactions: go4hockey

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Drew has also let it be known he is committed to LA, loves being a king and understands what the team is going through.

Didnt he publicly say he wants to win cups and doesn't care where?

I agree LA won't be retaining if he did get traded.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada

If LA s retaining 2.5 M for 7 years the ask would be very very huge. Hell it would be just for Drew straight up. Byram, Timmons, 1st ++

more realistically you should be asking about Martinez, but not sure if he is an upgrade on Johnson

Even if he loves being a King he must know he’s only got about 4-5 prime years left. Kings won’t be Cup contenders until around year 4-5 at the earliest.

It benefits the Kings more to trade their best chip away and stock up for future. You wouldn’t get BOTH Byram and Timmins but one forsure.

Byram/Timmins
Jost
2020 1st
2021 1st

For

Doughty
B prospect
3rd

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Even if he loves being a King he must know he’s only got about 4-5 prime years left. Kings won’t be Cup contenders until around year 4-5 at the earliest.

It benefits the Kings more to trade their best chip away and stock up for future. You wouldn’t get BOTH Byram and Timmins but one forsure.

Byram/Timmins
Jost
2020 1st
2021 1st

For

Doughty
B prospect
3rd

too rich for my blood.

Reactions: flyfysher

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Byram/Timmins
Jost
2020 1st
2021 1st

For

Doughty
B prospect
3rd
I like how you put Byram or Timmins like they have similar value. Byram has significantly more value AINEC.

Reactions: New Scotland

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Byram/Timmins
Jost
2020 1st
2021 1st

For

Doughty
B prospect
3rd

To me Drew retires a King. If he was traded we would not retain for 7 years and we would not be adding picks or prospects in any deal that went down.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I love Doughty, but we have our top 4 in place already. Makar is going to get at least $8M (I hope Joe offers him 8 years/$80M) on his next contract. Not sure we have the cap space for Doughty and his $11M.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
What are Martinez and Clifford these days? If Clifford has good speed and can provide a physical presence I think the Avs would be interested. What is Martinez now? Top 4? Bottom pair? If he's still a top 4 dman I would think Colorado would be very interested, but I need way more info on both player.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
What are Martinez and Clifford these days? If Clifford has good speed and can provide a physical presence I think the Avs would be interested. What is Martinez now? Top 4? Bottom pair? If he's still a top 4 dman I would think Colorado would be very interested, but I need way more info on both player.

I don't think Martinez is enough of an upgrade on EJ to go for that. I think we would be better suited to hope for EJ bouncing back a bit than trading for Martinez.
Really the only D-man that might be available at the deadline that makes sense for the Avs that I can currently think of is David Savard...

Reactions: Perratrooper

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Where's the proposal? Proposal in title, I see no proposal

Allow me

:kings

D Erik Johnson
F Alex Newhook
F Tyson Jost
1st round pick in 2020
2nd round pick in 2021

:avs

D Drew Doughty
F Tyler Toffoli

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
If 2 1st round draft picks, a second round draft pick and 2 useful roster players doesn't get Doughty, maybe he's not actually on the market

Reactions: go4hockey

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It would be painful for the Avs to get DD, it would cost them more than they would be comfortable with.

The Kings are where the the Avs were several years ago, with a really good prospect pool of forwards (Turcotte, Kaliyev, now Vilardi is healthy) and several solid defense prospects (Bjornfort, Anderson, Clague) who are developing. Another high pick is going to be added this year. The plan is to be where you guys are in 3 years or so with a still really good Doughty and Kopitar, with some cap space to fill out needed parts of the roster. The Kings would obviously listen to any offers, but it would have to be something outstanding to get their attention with regards to Doughty.

Reactions: Guitpik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad