Confirmed with Link: [LAK/ARI] Sean Durzi to the Coyotes for a 2024 2nd round draft pick (MTL)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Moser - Durzi
Valimaki - Soderstrom
Kolyachonok - Brown

Something like that. Getting there. Leaves some okay options for Tucson. Maybe we make one more move to bump Brown to spare.
2 more, so we can go at times with 7 D and have a spare.

Reactions: Grimes

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
My first reaction was "good, I think this is the kind of move we were hoping for?", and reading the first 30 comments I see it is.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
This trade is a good indicator we’re not taking a D man in round 1.

Why? Durzi is 24. We still need top pairing prospects. I mean I want a forward but I don't think this stops then from draft Reinbacher. Pladowski's quotes give me more confidence we are going forward than this move

I imagine kesslering will be called up frequently or the number 7D.

I keep forgetting about him. I really liked him at the end of the season

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I'm still suprised it only cost a 2nd in next years draft...Strong work BA!
I read it the same way. Only a 2nd? I'll take it. I'm not convinced this prevents us from taking Reinbacher yet. Leonard, Dvorsky or trade 6 to Washington is my hope at this point. LA fans seem okay with the trade too. They need to free up some $$. Good even trade I think for both teams.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Great deal. Edging into fantastic territory.

Our defense is looking really good now, we really just need 1 elite player and I think our top 6 is set. Also still have Soderstrom, Koly, Duda etc fighting it out for the last top 4 spot right now.

2024 looking like a real great time to get Kiviharju. I'd also accept Hutson 2.0 and a few others. I'd guess we're gonna be turning the corner real quick in a year or two. Matthews is all but locked up :sarcasm:
Durzi isn't good defensively at all, so I don't know if "great/edging into fantastic" is the label I'd put on there, but for a 2nd-round pick(of which the Coyotes have plenty) it's not bad.

He's an NHL player that makes less than $2 million a year, so he's definitely a Meruelo-type player.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
OMG wtf is everyone I’m in here by myself just talking away
We’ve got your back Kenny!

Great example of asset management. Not sure that changes plans of picking Reinbacher if he’s avail at 12 (unlikely). Durzi is more of a Ghost replacement.

Reactions: RABBIT

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It allows them to keep Kesselring down in the AHL for another season, and he's only 24 so he can grow w/the group. Good signing, especially only having to give up a 2nd rounder.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I love this trade. Around Chychrun rumor times I valued Durzi at roughly a late 1st rounder in equivalency. I’m a big Durzi fan. He made some bad mistakes on the playoffs and Kings fans have been dumping on him. Two or three bone head mistakes don’t define a career. He’s been the target of heehawing by online jackasses for the last couple of months. I encourage you all do dismiss those donkeys entirely.

We have a crazy amount of second round draft picks over the next coming drafts and we acquire a 24 year old RHD with one of them. So pumped

Someone check on @rt

Does this change everyone’s perspective on the Coyotes drafting Reinbacher? Or do we still feel that’s real
I’m late to the party. My mite took a skate blade to the neck at his game this afternoon and I was at urgent care getting him stitched up. Only six stitches. He only cried at the rink because we wouldn’t let him keep playing. Didn’t cry at all at urgent care. Was joking when they sewed him up. He told the doctor that he had an itch on his neck and his friend used a skate blade to scratch it for him. Hahahahaha.

Love it, probably a trade to keep the mid core happy. Thought Durzi would cost more than a 2nd in '24
Totally agree. This should ease Keller’s concerns a bit. I’ve been suggesting we use this excess draft capital to acquire a younger defensemen. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

RedBeard

Aug 16, 2005
Phoenix
Moser - Durzi
Valimaki - Soderstrom
Kolyachonok - Brown

Something like that. Getting there. Leaves some okay options for Tucson. Maybe we make one more move to bump Brown to spare.

A bit into the future:

Moser (6'0") - Levshunov (6'1") [2024 pick]
Valimaki (6'2") - Soderstrom (6'0")
Szuber (6'3") - Durzi (6'0")
Kolyachonok (6'1") - Kesselring (6'4")

Tucson:
Lamoureux (6'6")

If Soderstrom or Kesselring don't perform, would be nice to have Willander in that #4 role. Will be an interesting season, as the only D in this list with a contract beyond this year are Szuber and Lamoureux on ELCs. Could be a different list very quickly.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Durzi isn't good defensively at all, so I don't know if "great/edging into fantastic" is the label I'd put on there, but for a 2nd-round pick(of which the Coyotes have plenty) it's not bad.

He's an NHL player that makes less than $2 million a year, so he's definitely a Meruelo-type player.
He's 24 and has room to grow. Even if he's not great defensively he puts up points and is good offensively. At worst we get a player who slots in as #4 and helps us not tank. At best we have a slightly worse version of Chychrun or a Yandle type who drives offense and can either keep with an extremely young and talented core of Valimaki, Moser, Durzi, or can flip for a lot more than a 2nd 2-3 years from now.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Great deal. Edging into fantastic territory.

Our defense is looking really good now, we really just need 1 elite player and I think our top 6 is set. Also still have Soderstrom, Koly, Duda etc fighting it out for the last top 4 spot right now.

2024 looking like a real great time to get Kiviharju. I'd also accept Hutson 2.0 and a few others. I'd guess we're gonna be turning the corner real quick in a year or two. Matthews is all but locked up :sarcasm:
I don't think they will be bad enough next season to draft Kiviharju (unless they announce relocation)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Oh man @rt tell your boy all of us hardened hockey fans are impressed with his courage!! All jokes aside that’s scary stuff. I’m glad he’s okay.
Thanks. We’re stopping by BTM on the way to church to get neck guards, wrist guards, and cut proof socks for him and his brother. Then we’re thanking God at church. :)

I don't think they will be bad enough next season to draft Kiviharju (unless they announce relocation)
I think we’ll end up inside of the top ten of the draft order. Levshunov and Dickinson are also in the top ten. It’s a strong draft for blueliners.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Moser - Durzi
Valimaki - Soderstrom
Kolyachonok - Brown

Kesselring?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad