Dreger: [LAK] Andreas Athanasiou re-signs with the Kings (1 year, $2.7M)

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
We can’t count on Brown (probably too old) or Carter (now on Pitt) or any of the other past Kings forwards who played wing. We got a lot of young centers coming in and a few young wings. It will be good for them to have some cheaper but good vets like Arvidsson, Saad and even Athanasiou to an extent to shelter them a bit. Plus the former two are known as good locker room guys as well.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You put Saad on Kopitar's wing and you have a possession sledgehammer. Just raw shot volume for days.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Mismanaged by Holland and paying a premium.
He qualified him. AA thought he could get more and didn't end up getting it. He seems like the type of guy who belongs in a market with no pressure.

Couldn't predict covid. Wtf does any of that have to do here? Lol

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
He qualified him. AA thought he could get more and didn't end up getting it. He seems like the type of guy who belongs in a market with no pressure.

Couldn't predict covid. Wtf does any of that have to do here? Lol

Sorry for critiquing your uncle Kenny.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm shocked he would take a 1 year deal. Guessing it's for more than people expect

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Wow 2.7 is actually kind of a lot. I thought AA would get a 1 million dollar deal for some reason, teams don’t love his fly by no defense style of play

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Must mean Blake didn't have any luck finding another top 6 forward.

no correlation, i never thought for a minute that AA wouldn't be re-signed

i think LA will still target a Danault, Saad, Schwartz, Tarasenko still... for better or worse

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Very happy with this. For the first half of the season, he was the only forward not named Kopitar to be any sort of threat 5 on 5. Great wheels, and he clearly was capable of or had a gear that none of the other wingers shared. He is the Wagner replacement we've been looking for, but obviously, he is looking for more. Hopefully, he can prove it this season.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Yeah, he was one of the bright spots for the Kings last season. Short-term contracts might be the best thing for him too to help keep him focused. If he keeps playing like he did, he will keep earning them.

Reactions: Faterson

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He gave us quite a few scoring highlights last year, will be a good winger for the center prospects to pass to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad