Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Alex Iafallo signs extension with the Kings (4 years, $4M AAV)

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think this guy's career is going to make up a nice bit of trivia in a decade or two

Any sort of question surrounding a forward/ winger producing throughout this era of Kings hockey that isn't Kopitar/ Brown/ Carter/ etc. might be tricky for casuals/ fans of eastern teams

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pretty much exactly what I expected--one year 'too long' to keep the price bang on and get AI some security. If someone doesn't steal his spot as LW1 in the next 4 years, we'd have bigger problems than AI's contract. Good to know that if Byfield/Turcotte steal the show as 1C/2C that Iafallo/Kopitar as a 3rd line would be a thing.

I think this guy's career is going to make up a nice bit of trivia in a decade or two

Any sort of question surrounding a forward/ winger producing throughout this era of Kings hockey that isn't Kopitar/ Brown/ Carter/ etc. might be tricky for casuals/ fans of eastern teams

No one on this forum even knew who Matt Roy was when he signed, people only pretended to know who Iafallo was once he started showing up as linked to Toronto trade rumors, lol.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Seems like a solid deal for both sides. If in three years two guys on entry-level deals have taken over the top two left wing spots, that'll be a good problem to have.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I hope this is a joke. Re-signing after trading him away isn't guaranteed.

He obviously wanted to stay in Los Angeles, right?

Why wouldn't he sign there in the summer?

And if he didn't, well, the Kings have a pick and a prospect, plus 4 million in additional cap space

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005

And if he didn't, well, the Kings have a pick and a prospect, plus 4 million in additional cap space

Goes to a contender and he plays well in the playoffs. Now it's going to cost you more than 4.
Gets seriously hurt after the trade, now he has no contract next season entering UFA injured.

Just a few thoughts.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Kings are flushed with cap space going forward. Rather not compete against other clubs come July 1 when GM's tend to get crazy. At that point, he could draw offer(s) north of $4.5 million, why get in a bidding war.

Been a good soldier for the team and plays a key role, get it done and move onto the next piece of business.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

How much do you think it would cost for a team to sign a top six LW as a UFA? If they let Iafallo hit the open market, he could receive far lucrative offers given his age and being one of the younger UFAs available. Less of a guarantee then, isn't it?

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Iafallo's stats are remarkably similar to Kerfoot's. Just saying.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Thought Hoven said he was going to be traded. He was compleley off on this. Props to LeBrun for saying things are getting close.

4 x 4 even if he slides down to 2nd lne LW with Byfeild\Vilardi, it's a win for both sides.

Reactions: Guitpik

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

So it wasn't a joke.

It's sad that people here actually think like this. They bring their video game mentality to the real world.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I like the deal for both team and player. Kopitar will stay happy as he loves playing with Iafallo. The kids coming up also get to watch a player that has made it by playing his tail off. He may not be your typical first line player but he feels the spot in LA and does a good job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad