Eklund Rumor: Laine wanting to go to ANA or LAK (mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Last edited by a moderator:

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
"Dwayne" saying Laine would extend long term for tbe 2 teams which would increase value in theory.
On the other hand it also limits offers. Fagemo, Spence, Amadio and a 2nd is about all I would offer and I'm sure they won't take it

Reactions: Guitpik

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
they don't and if defies logic why Laine would want to go to teams that in the process of rebuilding since the price if him would send the teams back a step

I don't know what the Kings' cap situation is but don't they have the assets to make this kind of trade without gutting their team? I mean, they are sitting on three top flight center prospects.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I don't know what the Kings' cap situation is but don't they have the assets to make this kind of trade without gutting their team? I mean, they are sitting on three top flight center prospects.
kings have like 12 million in cap space Next year we gain another 9 with dion cap hit going down and kolvchuk off the books cap is not really a issue.
The kings have probably the best prospect pool in the nhl. The real question is does la really want to spend this much on a winger even if hes a elite one

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Well I think the Kings are really good trade partners for Winnipeg. The Kings are deep in prospects. They can give a young center whether it be Turcotte or Vilardi. Then add a winger like Kaliyev, Thomas or Fagemo. Then some picks as well.

If Winnipeg wants more NHL players the Kings could give them Iafallo.

It is going to be a lot to give up for the Kings but for a 22 year old 6'5 scorer I think it would be worth it.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Well I think the Kings are really good trade partners for Winnipeg. The Kings are deep in prospects. They can give a young center whether it be Turcotte or Vilardi. Then add a winger like Kaliyev, Thomas or Fagemo. Then some picks as well.

If Winnipeg wants more NHL players the Kings could give them Iafallo.

It is going to be a lot to give up for the Kings but for a 22 year old 6'5 scorer I think it would be worth it.
I think the Jets would want established NHL guys instead of prospects... at least as a main piece coming back.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
kings have like 12 million in cap space Next year we gain another 9 with dion cap hit going down and kolvchuk off the books cap is not really a issue.
The kings have probably the best prospect pool in the nhl. The real question is does la really want to spend this much on a winger even if hes a elite one

Well, Laine would represent an element the Kings haven't had since...Robitaille? I think he would fit in well with their future plans.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Well, Laine would represent an element the Kings haven't had since...Robitaille? I think he would fit in well with their future plans.
The Kings already have 2 players in the 10 million price range. I think it will hurt in the long run having to resign all the prospects to 2nd contracts It all depends on cost of getting him if its to much not worth it .

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Presumably he can "control" where he goes cause he would sign a long term deal post trade and that would up the return? I don't see either organization being interested in committing long term to Laine at this time.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I think the Jets would want established NHL guys instead of prospects... at least as a main piece coming back.

What they want and what they are going to get might not be the same thing. If you can get 2 really good prospects in say Turcotte and Kailyev plus a lottery or top 10 protected first round pick you take it.

They could solve so many of Winnipegs problems and it gives LA a young game breaking winger.

Reactions: awegrzyn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad