Injury Report: Laine injury PANIC! PANIC! OH GOD PANIC! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Even with Maurice ‘s injury update, I’m skeptical until I see him dressed for next game.

Not long term could still mean 5 + games and that while not terrible, still SUCKS for the season he’s having personally.
Anything up until the start of the playoffs would be fine. We are so locked into 2nd at this point it is just a matter of if we play the Wild or Avs in the 1st round.

Reactions: GNP

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Anything up until the start of the playoffs would be fine. We are so locked into 2nd at this point it is just a matter of if we play the Wild or Avs in the 1st round.
NO. HE NEEDS 50.
giphy.gif

FinnJet

Just one Lainer
Jan 20, 2017
I just hope that they can tell the exact day when he can play again, instead of that day by day BS which is never good news.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
When they said he's not coming back my first thought was that his foot probably swelled up when they took his skate off and he couldn't get it back on. Happened to me a few times blocking shots.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Laine will score 50 many times in his career I am sure of it. Yes it has been fun seeing him go toe to toe with Ovie for the rocket, but let’s not lose sight of the big picture here. The playoffs.

Let him take 2 weeks off to get absolutely positively 100% and come back in time for the playoffs. That way he will be scoring goals when it counts and Ovie and the caps are gone in the first round :)

Reactions: Huffer

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I just hope that they can tell the exact day when he can play again, instead of that day by day BS which is never good news.
How would a team ever be able to give you the exact day a player will return? They mostly say day to day because that is what is known at the time. At this point Maurice probably has a medical report along the lines of the X-rays don't show any breaks, but there is a lot of swelling and we will have to wait a few days for it to go down to see if there is any other damage. From that you'd like him to give you an exact date? I've found the Jets to be quite open on their known long term injuries.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Okay i see, but he needs to score 50, you know?

Also yeah, I'm betting he's back on Friday after all these Maurice jokes. Had to take him out of the game of course, just as a precaution.
I guess if you say so. Quick question: What is more important to you Laine scoring 50 and winning the Rocket or the Jets winning the cup with Laine sitting out the rest of the season and the entire playoffs?

Reactions: Jets 31

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Also, people are putting way too much stock into pomo’s humourous demeanour when talking about it, thinking that it’s nothing. Obviously he isn’t going to say anything about it tonight because they have nothing conclusive. So to me, him joking about it and playing it lightly does not eliviate any worry for me. It’s actually kind of the opposite.

If it wasn’t THAT serious, he would say something along the lines of “you know what we’re getting him checked out and we’ll know more tomorrow but it doesn’t look bad.” And be done with it.

The fact that he is covering it up kind of seems like nervous laughter “ha ha let’s make a joke that he lost his leg because that will ease the tension of what looks like could be something really bad ha ha ha”

I don’t know, just kind of felt weird to me. The phrase “not sinister”

But no point speculating till tomorrow

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I guess if you say so. Quick question: What is more important to you Laine scoring 50 and winning the Rocket or the Jets winning the cup with Laine sitting out the rest of the season and the entire playoffs?
Quick question: Is it wrong to want Laine get 50? Does it mean that i don't care about Jets & The Playoffs? Relax for a second mate, i get it, you're a fan of the team. I am, too!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Quick question: Is it wrong to want Laine get 50? Does it mean that i don't care about Jets & The Playoffs? Relax for a second mate, i get it, you're a fan of the team. I am, too!
No it is not wrong, but you were the one that pushed the importance of personal accomplishments. There is a lot of personal accomplishments I'd like to see from a variety of players, but none of it is particularly important compared to team success in the playoffs.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
No it is not wrong, but you were the one that pushed the importance of personal accomplishments. There is a lot of personal accomplishments I'd like to see from a variety of players, but none of it is particularly important compared to team success in the playoffs.
Jokes. Who needs 'em? Let's all just have sticks up our asses. Whoooo

Ps. Laine needs 50

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
He’ll be good to go for the playoffs.

Slap a playing cast with a blade on him. He only really needs to skate back and forth from the opponent’s blue line to the face off circle and set up for one timers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad