Laine goal-drought watch: 15 games (ends 02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Laine said in the interview once that he is never going sightseeing or even outside of the hotel room because "he came here to play ice hockey and focus on that". Well he said also that once in New York he and Ehlers went to the store just to buy a TV because they didn't have big enough TV for video games.

LD29

Jan 19, 2019
He will score around 5 more goals this season. He doesn't deserve the ice time he gets. Neither does he deserve the powerplay time he gets. I'm very happy he isn't part of the Oilers. He would be our worst player, saying that from already having one of the worst teams in the NHL. I wouldn't even offer Lucic, neither Rieder for him. Look at all the chances he gets. Rieder would have much more points than him, if he would be playing there instead of Laine. Screenshot my post, in two years at latest, Laine will be considered as the biggest bust of his draft year. Who needs a player that plays good for a month and then just entirely stops performing. When he is on the ice during a 5vs5, it is almost like their opponent has a power play. I don't have any personal hate against Laine, nor do I have any hate towards the Jets. I'm German. I don't really have a favourite NHL team. He plays with 0 effort, keeps making bad plays, doesn't play any kind of defense and doesn't add any offense to the team. Look at his assists. That is something you would expect from a 4th liner, not someone who sees such a heavy amount of TOI.

Reactions: tapi

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Laine said in the interview once that he is never going sightseeing or even outside of the hotel room because "he came here to play ice hockey and focus on that". Well he said also that once in New York he and Ehlers went to the store just to buy a TV because they didn't have big enough TV for video games.

Yeah that is one of the most expensive habits I have ever seen.

apparently they buy TV's on the road in every city if the Hotel doesnt have extra's and then just leave them there.

that is insane to me.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
tHf7sTQ.png

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Yeah that is one of the most expensive habits I have ever seen.

apparently they buy TV's on the road in every city if the Hotel doesnt have extra's and then just leave them there.

that is insane to me.

well you know.....

I would rather have Patrik buying $5oo flat screens and playing video games.....than

evander kane snorting coke and chasing strippers

lol

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
well you know.....

I would rather have Patrik buying $5oo flat screens and playing video games.....than

evander kane snorting coke and chasing strippers

lol

But Messier and Patrick Kane are two of the greats

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
But Messier and Patrick Kane are two of the greats

I know that you might be smart enough that I was talking about 1 former and 1 current jet player

but you might have your head far enough up....that you do not understand that this is just a thread to crap on a 20 yr old player

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
I know that you might be smart enough that I was talking about 1 former and 1 current jet player

but you might have your head far enough up....that you do not understand that this is just a thread to crap on a 20 yr old player

*whoosh*

Reactions: TheTechNoir

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Crapping on Laine would be sad to me except there are the Jets fans who consistently scream "HE's 20 aNd on PAcE foR 40!"

He's been in the league 3 years, hasn't improved in the things he's bad at, and has regressed horribly at the one thing he's good at. I like Laine, I want him to be good, but that age and pace argument are trash at this point.

Reactions: musdy

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Crapping on Laine would be sad to me except there are the Jets fans who consistently scream "HE's 20 aNd on PAcE foR 40!"

He's been in the league 3 years, hasn't improved in the things he's bad at, and has regressed horribly at the one thing he's good at. I like Laine, I want him to be good, but that age and pace argument are trash at this point.

there is another way to look at it.

he is young and a large man who is still filling out.

I try to not make excuses

but he could be like a large defenceman.

it takes them longer to develop.

he has the physical tools to be a power forward in this league.

it may just take him longer to develop.

or he could be a large player that never develops.

it is far to early to make a reasonable projection

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
there is another way to look at it.

he is young and a large man who is still filling out.

I try to not make excuses

but he could be like a large defenceman.

it takes them longer to develop.

he has the physical tools to be a power forward in this league.

it may just take him longer to develop.

or he could be a large player that never develops.

it is far to early to make a reasonable projection

Oh, he definitely has the time and skill necessary to turn it around. My point is more when people point out he hasn't scored in X games, "shut up he's 20!" is not a valid response. I understand being hopeful, but I also feel like there should be some understanding of why the rest of us are.. concerned.

Reactions: Frosty415

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
He is having a bad second half, he will bounce back. This is a confidence thing mostly. The skill is still there.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
Bringing over his mom to babysit him should have rung a bell. Add his disinterest growing into the new country, being curious, is another one. No secret that you need to get mental stimuli and maturity to excel as an athlete. Or in any profession.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
if he has the ability to score around 40 goals at the age of 20... it tells me he is a star player or has the potential. however those droughts he has are interesting... he seems to have trouble getting ice time or securing a first line role because of it. even if his development stagnates... is going to turn out as a good player at worst.

Bringing over his mom to babysit him should have rung a bell. Add his disinterest growing into the new country, being curious, is another one. No secret that you need to get mental stimuli and maturity to excel as an athlete. Or in any profession.

that is a very simple way of looking for a cause... we dont really know if has disinterest into anything...
if i remember the hbo series on capitals 10 years ago... ovi too lived with his parents and played video games... so i dont see any correlation here if this is what u meant, however i agree with ur last sentences.

Last edited:

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016

so what hell are you talking about?

a teenager that moves to another country that wants to have some of his home with him is some kind of redlight about the player?

complete nonsense.

when I lived in the states at 19 I was drinking beer and banging anything I could get close to and that was not a different continent.

is there anything that laine could do that people will not throw shade on?

Reactions: Nucky10

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Laine reminds me of Mario Lemieux
People hate Laine because of the people who used to post something like this. It is really sad for me to see how the fanatics made so many people turn on Finnish players, first Laine and now it looks like Rantanen might be getting the same treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad