Laine goal-drought watch: 15 games (ends 02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Can jets fans give us some clarity?

Does he look bad? Is he playing ok but not getting chances? Injuried? What’s up

He's not put in a position to succeed. yes, he's having a slump, but our coach is simply leaving him out to dry. He has zero chemistry with Bryan Little, but he's been forced to play with him all season. He was also taken off PP1 and put on PP2 (who doesn't really get any ice time) and in a spot that doesn't make sense for him. Basically, our coach has messed up 2 power play lines.

Reactions: SI90

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Pleased to announce Jets fans, after he has KILLED my fantasy team, I have finally benched him in my keeper weekly league. Expect him to get at least 6 pts this week.

Reactions: shello and bukwas

DuckyChuck

May 6, 2015
He's not put in a position to succeed. yes, he's having a slump, but our coach is simply leaving him out to dry. He has zero chemistry with Bryan Little, but he's been forced to play with him all season. He was also taken off PP1 and put on PP2 (who doesn't really get any ice time) and in a spot that doesn't make sense for him. Basically, our coach has messed up 2 power play lines.

Correction, he WAS put into a position to succeed. He hasn't succeeded and now he is being demoted and his spot on PP1 is taking by a guy who deserves it.

What message does it send to the rest of the team that if you play hard and produce yet don't get rewarded for it? Meanwhile a guy who has produced very little over the past month get chances over and over again? If Laine wants to be a PP1 guy, then score like a PP1 guy.

Laine's going through a rough patch and he'll get better. But to blame his woe's on coaching and one single other player's is disingenuous. He's looked lost out there, he's floating around, he's lost his confidence.

If Laine wants to be a better goal scorer, he'll have to get open and find better spots. Not just float around and wait for the puck to come to him.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
How many threads now to crap on Laine?

This only happens because he’s a leaf player. If Laine played anywhere else, this would barely garner any attention but because he’s a leaf, endless threads to crap on him.

This board lives to crap on the leafs. Bunch of haters.

Visul

Dec 22, 2015
This is the most exciting thing since Riley Sheahan goal watch a few years ago.

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
I'm pretty sure the injury to Ehler and loosing Stastny cost Laine a lot of goals , i'll be back scoring when Ehler come back . And by the way Brian Little is not better than a old Tomas Plekanec

Last edited:

kujakatti

Feb 12, 2019
Correction, he WAS put into a position to succeed. He hasn't succeeded and now he is being demoted and his spot on PP1 is taking by a guy who deserves it.

What message does it send to the rest of the team that if you play hard and produce yet don't get rewarded for it? Meanwhile a guy who has produced very little over the past month get chances over and over again? If Laine wants to be a PP1 guy, then score like a PP1 guy.

Laine's going through a rough patch and he'll get better. But to blame his woe's on coaching and one single other player's is disingenuous. He's looked lost out there, he's floating around, he's lost his confidence.

If Laine wants to be a better goal scorer, he'll have to get open and find better spots. Not just float around and wait for the puck to come to him.
If u ask me, he still find pretty good spots. This is just an example. Guess how many times Little and Roslo tried to feed him. Not even once. Bryan Little is a solid player and good guy, no doubt. But hes not the right guy to play with Patty. They have zero chemistry. It has always been like that and always will be.

Attachments

• IMG_20190212_141017.jpg
    IMG_20190212_141017.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20190212_141233.jpg
    IMG_20190212_141233.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20190212_141349.jpg
    IMG_20190212_141349.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: thegr8one66

DuckyChuck

May 6, 2015
If u ask me, he still find pretty good spots. This is just an example. Guess how many times Little and Roslo tried to feed him. Not even once. Bryan Little is a solid player and good guy, no doubt. But hes not the right guy to play with Patty. They have zero chemistry. It has always been like that and always will be.

The 1st one. D-mans stick was in good position to either stop the pass or deflect the shot.

The 2nd one. Are you kidding me? There are 3 sticks in the way.

The 3rd one. Maybe.

frivolousz21

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS ST LOUIS BLUES
May 17, 2007
St. Louis, Mo
Crapping on Laine would be sad to me except there are the Jets fans who consistently scream "HE's 20 aNd on PAcE foR 40!"

He's been in the league 3 years, hasn't improved in the things he's bad at, and has regressed horribly at the one thing he's good at. I like Laine, I want him to be good, but that age and pace argument are trash at this point.

Listen buddy incase you were not aware.

He is only 20 and on Pace for 40.

Reactions: IlikeEich

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I feel this has the potentially to be a reverse jinx type thread. The shot will return soon from its hiatus

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
The 1st one. D-mans stick was in good position to either stop the pass or deflect the shot.

The 2nd one. Are you kidding me? There are 3 sticks in the way.

The 3rd one. Maybe.

I think the biggest issue with that post is the idea that standing around in the ozone waiting for a pass is acceptable behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->