Laine goal-drought watch: 15 games (ends 02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
Patrik Laine is having the HFBoard hate and bashing that the Habs got this summer when almost every poster were telling ther the worst franchise in the NHL and should fire and trade everybody ... HFboard as become manic depressive.... from a total high to a depresse opinion for the same player in the same season

Reactions: behemolari

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I find it weird that @GoJetsGo55 is the most balanced debater in this thread lol

Where's psycho_dad to defend Laine's virginal virtues?

If you say his name 3 times, he'll appear in this thread to tell you that Laine is playing bad on purpose to lower his cap hit and help the team out because he's that dedicated to winning. He's going to score 150 points next season after he signs his 2M x 8 year deal.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
If you say his name 3 times, he'll appear in this thread to tell you that Laine is playing bad on purpose to lower his cap hit and help the team out because he's that dedicated to winning. He's going to score 150 points next season after he signs his 2M x 8 year deal.

Nah he's switched it up now to "it's everyone else's fault!"

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
-It's not Little's fault that Laine is floating
-It's not Maurice's fault that Laine can't win a puck battle
-It's not the teams fault that he can't beat a single defender on the rush

It's all on Laine and it's because his confidence is gone. When he has his confidence, he's an animal out there......when it's gone, so is he.

If any fault lies with anyone else it would be with the team not continually trying to get his confidence up but there's a certain point where you have to more a guy down a line and let him sort things out.

We simply don't know that. It is possible that Maurice playing him with unsuitable centre over three years did affect somehow and he lost his game. Not saying that is absolutely truth but we shouldn't count that out either at this point.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
but inquiring minds want to know.....

my top 3 are.....

will Matthews ever score more than 70 points in a season?

will wee willy nylander ever be a player worth 7 mil a season?

and when will laine score again.

I think laine will score many times in the future years.

nostrils and kneelander may never come around

This post is already aging horribly lol.

Matthews on a 98 point pace and Nylander is looking amazing.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
We simply don't know that. It is possible that Maurice playing him with unsuitable centre over three years did affect somehow and he lost his game. Not saying that is absolutely truth but we shouldn't count that out either at this point.

I would agree if we were talking about his numbers dropping off. His entire game has fallen off a cliff. He's a completely different person out there for the past while.

Also, correct me if I am wrong because I can't seem to fully recall but I believe his monster month came while playing on a line with Little.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Remember when Finnish fans continuously told us Laine will score 80 goals in one season, and soon to boot. Greatest goal scorer of all time some called him. Those were good times.

Remember when Matthews was going to sign for 8 years with a nice home team discount?

I member

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Laine is done. Predicting less than 5 goals in total for the remainder of the year (including the play-offs)

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
11 points in 28 games constitutes amazing now?

****....why do we even have this thread then? Laine is playing amazing!
Nylander had a shit start but has turned it around in his last 8-10 games.

Watch the highlights from last nights game. He’s got his groove back.

Laine on the other hand looks like a turd on skates. I do believe Laine will turn it around however. He’s an elite player stuck in a horrible slump.

Reactions: saffronleaf

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Nylander had a **** start but has turned it around in his last 8-10 games.

Laine on the other hand looks like a turd on skates. I do believe Laine will turn it around however. He’s an elite player stuck in a horrible slump.

Yeah I'll give you that. 8 points in the last 9 is pretty good. I can only hope Laine has a similar break out soon because it's getting frustrating as f***.

Reactions: saffronleaf

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Yeah I'll give you that. 8 points in the last 9 is pretty good. I can only hope Laine has a similar break out soon because it's getting frustrating as ****.
Laine will be fine. He's a young goal scorer who's going through a long slump. These things happen over the course of a career. He's too talented a player to play like this forever. Heck, the kid's shot alone should net him 35+ every year with ease.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Laine will be fine. He's a young goal scorer who's going through a long slump. These things happen over the course of a career. He's too talented a player to play like this forever. Heck, the kid's shot alone should net him 35+ every year with ease.

I feel the same and am reserved to the fact that this is absolutely a mental thing for him at this time. I also get that he's super young but maaaaaaaan. I want the old Laine back already haha.

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
Yeah I'll give you that. 8 points in the last 9 is pretty good. I can only hope Laine has a similar break out soon because it's getting frustrating as ****.
I think the kids just stuck in his own head now and is having a really hard time getting himself out of a bad mental loop that he’s stuck in.

For all we know he’s dealing with some crippling anxiety right now and is using the video games an an escape.

Nylander on the other hand... I think he just came into the NHL in shit shape. You can tell that he’s lost some weight recently when you watch his interviews. It looks like the guy was just barely skating and stuffing his face while he was off.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I think the kids just stuck in his own head now and is having a really hard time getting himself out of a bad mental loop that he’s stuck in.

For all we know he’s dealing with some crippling anxiety right now and is using the video games an an escape.

That's what I've been telling people but I haven't thought of the full blown mental side of it. I thought he would just need a sports psychologist to deal with being a professional athlete at such a young age but the whole anxiety side of things....that's something I've never thought of. He always seems very reserved in his interviews but I assumed it was just a Finnish thing.

This is totally just speculation on our part though...but it is interesting....I mean....he DESTROYED the game in November and now...here we are.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Patrik Laine
Some stay dry and others feel the pain
Patrik Laine
A baby born will die before the sin

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I feel the same and am reserved to the fact that this is absolutely a mental thing for him at this time. I also get that he's super young but maaaaaaaan. I want the old Laine back already haha.
Yeah, it sucks and he definitely doesn't look the same when I watch the Jets play. He looks demotivated and sluggish. Clearly a mental struggle going on with him.

Us Leafs fans just watched the same thing with Nylander. The guy played brutally for the first ~20 games he was back. Now he's looking better than ever. Just took one three point game to get his confidence back and he looks like a new man. Same thing will happen to Laine. He'll have a 2 or 3 goal game and be back on track.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Nylander had a **** start but has turned it around in his last 8-10 games.

Hf boards have such a disgusting recent biased

It's like none of you heard of the saying "look before you leap"

Laine has his nights too. Doesnt mean it's going to stay that way. Why dont you let time do the talking for you instead of living off the moment as forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad