Post-Game Talk: Laine Gets 40 Not Enough - Flyers 2 Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmola

Jul 12, 2017
Sorry off topic but I can't find the Jets vs Panthers Finland pre-game thread.
Looking for some more info on the ticket sales on Monday.
I've been advised that it's being done on the Live Nation Finland site.
Upon reviewing that site it's almost entirely in Finnish and my language skills beyond English are near non existent.

Anyone know the details?
Can I get a translator?
Any help for a poor GDT employee? ;)
You can buy tickets already via Samsung promo, all you need is Samsung account. Here:
Samsung Tickets Suomi

Otherwise you can wait for tomorrow and try to get those from Live Nation.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Ehlers went through the same thing in his first year...

Rosie' will come around...
I actually saw a alot I liked about Roslovic this game. Maybe didn't produce but his tenacity and strength with the puck was impressive for a first year. That's what was missing from Connor's game last year.

Roslovic has really impressed me with his maturity.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
:laugh: Well done on not answering the question!

You're right, it's not rocket science.
Wheeler- 21:09 mins
Stastny- 20:50 mins
Little- 20:43 mins
Laine- 20:27 mins
Ehlers- 19:37 mins
Connor-18:14 mins
Perreault- 11:58 mins

But apparently ESL was treated like a 3rd line lmao. Give your head a shake. They were a 1b this game.

Wait, but according to some Laine was given NO ice time and made to play on the THIRD LINE :laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
We will how valuable he is if he is hurt.
That's hogwash. We've done just fine with some pretty damned important players out of the lineup (hello, Schiefele, Trouba, Byfuglien).

It's almost obscene the way Little gets treated around here. He was our best forward for the first 5 years of this teams existence and the first time he struggles for a bit (meanwhile not being a defensive liability like some one dimensional players who struggle offensively) he's raked over the coals.

Bryan Little was and is one of my favorite Jets. He will have a lot to say in our playoff success. I am hoping we can stabilize our lines and get him rolling again.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
That's hogwash. We've done just fine with some pretty damned important players out of the lineup (hello, Schiefele, Trouba, Byfuglien).

It's almost obscene the way Little gets treated around here. He was our best forward for the first 5 years of this teams existence and the first time he struggles for a bit (meanwhile not being a defensive liability like some one dimensional players who struggle offensively) he's raked over the coals.

Bryan Little was and is one of my favorite Jets. He will have a lot to say in our playoff success. I am hoping we can stabilize our lines and get him rolling again.
He was great for the first five years and now he's stopping us from moving into the future.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Ya , there is nothing wrong with him being our checking center , great at face offs and defense . We don't live and die because Little should be scoring well , we have lots of offense on this team , we need some good smart defensively forwards as well . Scheif , Statsny , Little and Lowry in that order sounds really good to me . :thumbu:

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Ya , there is nothing wrong with him being our checking center , great at face offs and defense . We don't live and die because Little should be scoring well , we have lots of offense on this team , we need some good smart defensively forwards as well . Scheif , Statsny , Little and Lowry in that order sounds really good to me . :thumbu:

YES! ROSTER BALANCE! SOMEONE GETS IT :)

Having a guy who is really good defensively but can chip in offensively is a dream in that 3C role. Little is that guy.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Haters gotta hate
***waits for a cogent answer***

giphy.gif

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
More of the same malaise that has been on display in this road trip. I am sure @Gm0ney will post the stats that he is tracking but I think the Jets have won the Corsi and the xG battle in the same game like once in the last 6-7 games. That is not good.
In the small sample of this current road trip, the Jets have a 4 game average of 46.71% adjCF and 45.65% xGF. They've only cracked 50% adjCF once (vs NYR) and they've failed to hit 50% xGF in any game on the trip. Laine shooting 54% and .958 goaltending over the last 4 games are the main reasons the Jets are 3-1 instead of 0-4.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You don't pay someone who doesn't contribute offensively as much as we are paying him. Lowry is looking at 3.5 for that role.

Reactions: Calendal

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Can you explain to me how he is 'stopping us from moving into the future?'
Well, I'm not adammlis, but...if you have $5.3M tied up on your 31-year-old 3C for the next 6 years after this one, you may be painting yourself into a corner. Even if you're happy with Little's contributions this season, are you going to be happy with less for more money over the next 6?

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
But those young offensive wingers need a offensive center. Way that Winnipeg has built the team, there must be 2nd offensive C.

And I wouldn’t rate Scheif solid on D.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
In the small sample of this current road trip, the Jets have a 4 game average of 46.71% adjCF and 45.65% xGF. They've only cracked 50% adjCF once (vs NYR) and they've failed to hit 50% xGF in any game on the trip. Laine shooting 54% and .958 goaltending over the last 4 games are the main reasons the Jets are 3-1 instead of 0-4.
I know you're just presenting the facts, your post is a jumping off point for this.

I wonder if we did 4 game rolling samples throughout the season for every team, how much you might see something like this. Then try to compare apples to apples by including relevent factors like injuries for each team during each 4 game segment.

Good teams get good goaltending in samples like this, it's a big part of what helps good teams win a lot more games than they lose.

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
This board cracks me up seriously ... if this ... if that ... has Chevy ever lost a good player due to salary cap?
The sooner some of you realize hockey is a TEAM sport ... the less complaining you will do.
Month after month it's a different Jet player being raked over the coals on these boards. Can someone name me one Jet player that was not?
A couple of months ago Chevy's worst contract was the Buff deal ... now it's the Little contract ... who is it going to be next month.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
This board cracks me up seriously ... if this ... if that ... has Chevy ever lost a good player due to salary cap?
The sooner some of you realize hockey is a TEAM sport ... the less complaining you will do.
Month after month it's a different Jet player being raked over the coals on these boards. Can someone name me one Jet player that was not?
A couple of months ago Chevy's worst contract was the Buff deal ... now it's the Little contract ... who is it going to be next month.

Stastny, not even on notice yet. We're waiting!

Reactions: Ducky10

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Buff has stepped up his game, but, some of the criticism was legit before. Now he is playing like a beast. Let Little play like a beast and we will be happy to move on to the next guy.

Reactions: Calendal

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Buff has stepped up his game, but, some of the criticism was legit before. Now he is playing like a beast. Let Little play like a beast and we will be happy to move on to the next guy.
Buff always played better and added more value than the criticism reflected. Same thing goes for Little.

Reactions: Jets 31

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
Buff always played better and added more value than the criticism reflected. Same thing goes for Little.
Help me understand how would you make things work with Little. It seems that he can’t find the chemistry with any winger on team. So we are having an expensive 3 C. What would you do? Trade all wingers and if that doesn’t work trade wingers again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad