Player Discussion: Laine Discussion (Mod Warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couchcaptain

Nov 11, 2016
Lost in the wilderness
**** has really started to hit the fan today. I absolutely love the fact that these facts are finally being discussed publicly, it definitely clears the air.
There has been many articles in finnish media today about this, most surprising is this IMO: Kommentti: Patrik Laineen yllättävä avautuminen ihmetyttää – tietääkö hän itse karun totuuden?
Article is from usually very well regarded finnish media YLE, and it is kind of a response to the Laine opening earlier.

There's one direct quote from the article: "Sanotaan se nyt suoraan: Scheifele ei halua pelata Patrik Laineen kanssa samassa ketjussa. Ja hän ei ole Jetsin tähdistä ainoa, joka ajattelee näin. Karua, mutta totta. Sisäpiirilähteiden mukaan Laine ei ole järin suosittu pelaaja joukkueen pukukopissa. Syyt siihen ovat yksinkertaisia."

Translated: "Lets say it straight: Scheifele does not want to play in the same line with Laine. And he is not the only one of the Jets star players who think like that. Harsh, but real. Inside sources say Laine is not very popular player in the Jets lockerroom. Reasons to that are pretty simple."

I really don't know if this is thrustworthy or not. It's very straightforward, kind of aggresive article.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Upperdeckjet

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Listen to some guys discussing what Laine said on the NHL network.... basically said he should have kept this private. Hockey is a team sport that only works when the players have each others back, and while disagreements happen in the dressing room, that is where they need to stay. They also said that although names weren't named, it's obvious Laine was throwing Little under the bus.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Listen to some guys discussing what Laine said on the NHL network.... basically said he should have kept this private. Hockey is a team sport that only works when the players have each others back, and while disagreements happen in the dressing room, that is where they need to stay. They also said that although names weren't named, it's obvious Laine was throwing Little under the bus.

More rampant speculation by the media. Surprise surprise. He didn't call Little out at all but let's assume go He did.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
yikes this is turning ugly.. sad to see as the jets are my #2 team :( but starting to think laine may not be going back to Winnipeg ever tbh

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Laine wants to play with the best centre and that centre is Scheifele. Saying that Little is not the best centre is not in any way.... ahem... belittling. :DD

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Laine should have never done this interview.. serious no-no. Unless he wants out but man any trade we make for him at this point is going to be way under value.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Of course he should of kept it private.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Should also deal Wheeler for doing his interview as well while we're at it. Captain can't throw other members of the team under a bus.

I think it's pretty obvious who Wheeler was throwing under the bus. And in turn Laine does this interview.

The way I see it, Laine has gotten worse 5v5 every single and spiked once after his rookie year in PP goals. But he wants to get payed for his best 5v5 and not his worst. We can't give this kid 9mil plus, it will destroy us.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I would listen to Wheeler’s interview response before listening to the media drum up business.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
He said his line isn't a top line. That is factual no idea why this is being construed as throwing his teammates under a bus. It was part of larger point on how the lines were deployed.
He said his linemates held him back in contract negotiations. That is a shot at Little. Come on now you can't be serious can you?

SirKlaus

Nov 8, 2017
Things were definitely said that will not go well in a locker room - naming or no naming. It gets tougher and tougher to love this kid. There has been some reports and rumblings of his sense of entitlement since junior years. Not that it is an unique characteristics in a star player - and I have to assume Jets knew this when they drafted him, thinking this usually is manageable trait. I hope they were right.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Things were definitely said that will not go well in a locker room - naming or no naming. It gets tougher and tougher to love this kid. There has been some reports and rumblings of his sense of entitlement since junior years. Not that it is an unique characteristics in a star player - and I have to assume Jets knew this when they drafted him, thinking this usually is manageable trait. I hope they were right.
Chevy must really be hated seeing as how he spent two first round draft picks because he doesn’t think Little is good enough as a 2c

Everyone knows this and Laine didn’t say anything other than he want to play with the best.

Everyone in the world knows that Little isn’t the best on the team.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
More and more Laine is starting to sound like Trouba.
I want to play more and with top players so I can get the big contract seriously the more Laine talks the more I'm finding out he is not a team player.

I remember Sather with the Oilers ... he would put below average players with Gretzky so they could look like stars and then trade them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad