GDT: Laine 3:16 says I just clapped a bomb (Jets vs. Wild - 7pm Feb 26)

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Migrating this.

The Jets are developing more thrust since yesterday's refit. I would love to see a bounce back game with some grit and a 60 min chase of Boudreau and his crew of pesky Wild. Less soccer, more hockey.

Purple Hayes and Beaulieu will be fun to watch. When Hendricks scored last month while in the Peg, I had to smile despite myself at his beaming joyful mug.

+++++++++++

giphy.gif

Purple Hayes, now in the game
From New York, the monster doth came
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
Excuse me while I kiss the Chevy

Purple Hayes, we're makin' up ground
The Wild don't know if they're com-in' up or down
Is PoMo happy with his Hendi?
What ever it is, Hayes' Corsi's put a spell on me

Help me
Help me, etc...

Purple Hayes is with our guys
He'll score one or two tonight
He'll take the PK, blowin' my mind
On the PP too or centering the second line?

I'M NEVER GETTING THIS SONG OUT OF MY HEAD AGAIN!!! :scared:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
That 4th line will eat minnys 4th line... Surprising line choices and i like it!

Does Minny even have a fourth line anymore? I feel like with their recent "rebuilding" (i.e., trading away quality for scraps) they'll be poaching the local beer-leaguers just to make up the numbers.

I expect a decisive, high-scoring win (Hayes Bounce) with added grit (Hendricks Effect).

Speaking of which, is it possible that we added Gramps just to complete the Hayes nickname gag?

Last edited:
Reactions: kanadalainen

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
said last night that I wonder if they would go with ehlers laine and connor on 3 different lines. got my answer this morning. I think its the right call cause we have 2 nd line centres now and little would be wasted on a 3rd / 4th line . this way 2 2nd lines should see similar minutes.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not what i would have done with the forwards but we will see how it goes.

Those d pairing though are scary

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Amazing GDT! Love the shoutout to the Velveteen Dream. I love trying to explain him to non wrestling fans. "Imagine if Prince founded a martial arts school" is about as close as I can get. And full marks for the Diesel / Fake Diesel for our goaltending tandem :)

Haha they rushed all his matches because he was a below average wrestler, and his promos were nonsensical. I loved every minute of it

When he went over the HTM in a squash for the IC belt, it was pure magic. Like, it was so frustrating for so long to see him hold on to the belt through blind luck and skullduggery and what not, it seemed like, here you go, here's someone that was way too crazy for even Jimmy Hart and HTM to prepare for.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Amazing GDT! Love the shoutout to the Velveteen Dream. I love trying to explain him to non wrestling fans. "Imagine if Prince founded a martial arts school" is about as close as I can get. And full marks for the Diesel / Fake Diesel for our goaltending tandem :)

When he went over the HTM in a squash for the IC belt, it was pure magic. Like, it was so frustrating for so long to see him hold on to the belt through blind luck and skullduggery and what not, it seemed like, here you go, here's someone that was way too crazy for even Jimmy Hart and HTM to prepare for.

Guy is anthletic freak and just oozes charisma.
He has future world champ written all over him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad