Votes: 65 59.6%
  • Matty Beniers

Votes: 44 40.4%

• Total voters

Last Laf

Who's Laffing Now
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Pretend these 2 players is not on your team for a more non bias voting as I know the Rangers have alot more fans than the Kraken, which of these 2 players do you think will turn out to be better going forward?

Alexis Lafreniere
VS
Matty Beniers

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Rough sophomore slump for Beniers, but i still take him over Laffy. Not only plays the more premium position, but when he's really "on"...i think he's capable of being far more of a difference-maker overall.

Lafreniere had a heck of a "breakout" season...but to me, he's still really just a great complementary Top-6 Winger. He played almost exclusively with a guy who had a Hart candidate season (and Bread Man has helped turn other complementary pieces into scorers for a minute) and the Rangers best Center this year. He was the third best player on his line all year. Beniers...was mostly just asked to carry a dusted old Eberle and assorted streaky goal-scorers.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Rough sophomore slump for Beniers, but i still take him over Laffy. Not only plays the more premium position, but when he's really "on"...i think he's capable of being far more of a difference-maker overall.

Lafreniere had a heck of a "breakout" season...but to me, he's still really just a great complementary Top-6 Winger. He played almost exclusively with a guy who had a Hart candidate season (and Bread Man has helped turn other complementary pieces into scorers for a minute) and the Rangers best Center this year. He was the third best player on his line all year. Beniers...was mostly just asked to carry a dusted old Eberle and assorted streaky goal-scorers.

I get fired up about these conversations so I will try to be civil but 5 on 5 during the regular season it was really close between him and Trocheck though Trocheck is obviously a more complete player and plays the more important position. Also, while you can argue that he's the third best player on his line, I think he's also the third best forward on the entire team 5 on 5. Finally, Panarin played with a lot of scrubs as his other winger who he didn't do shit for (not because of Panarin obviously). And playing with the best winger he's ever played with has helped him as well, he had his best season as a Ranger.

Reactions: Last Laf

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
I don't love Laf but it's going to be him and probably not close. Beniers had an insane on-ice shooting percentage as a rookie and got incredibly overrated, his lack of offense will be a problem, and his defensive potential isn't that high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad