Rumor: Lafreniere forbidden to give French interview by Drury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The French up here think that because Lafreniere is who he is that we should trade him to the Habs for an autographed Max Lapierre picture.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I didn't even want to give that website clicks but after having read their "article" this (predictably) seems much more innocent than the headline and thread title make it out to be.

What I suspect happened here is someone dropped the ball by forgetting to ensure the Rangers PR rep who happened to be with Lafreniere that day is fluent in French and/or hiring a Rangers-side French translator to be present for the interview. The team won't let players do interviews without a rep "present" which is commonplace throughout the league and if the PR person there at that moment wasn't fluent in French then he basically serves no purpose and is virtually not "present" for the interview in the sense that he can't provide any advice or guidance to Lafreniere if the interview were to be conducted in French (which is the whole reason there's a PR person in the room in the first place). Therefore, the PR person requested it be done in English and now it's getting blown up (predictably).

Not a big deal.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
From what I've read over the years, Drury is a huge dick. This wouldn't surprise me, but the Rangers surely have a policy in place requiring the Rangers to approve interviews in advance of them doing any, so I'm sure these rejections happen all the time and it's certainly not a big deal.
I have heard he’s the definition of a Connecticut DBag…

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
can drury not get a fkn translator ... altho unless hes right there in the room he can just use google when it comes out ffs

sure that wont lead to french media types reaching out off record trying to sew discontent

im sure as others have mentioned this is their side only and may not be as ridiculous as it sounds but still....seems petty af to get involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad