Proposal: Lafinere (Oilers) to Habs

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It if Mcdavid doesn’t mesh with him.
Skill with skill doesn’t always translate into production.. it’s about meshing well, chemistry.
Then we can try him with Draisaitl and move RNH on McLine.
If he doesnt work with either we reunite McDrai and put him with RNH.
I know it will be oh so difficult but we will manage it ;)

If he simply doesnt work we will trade him for Larsson 2.0.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
This. And I dont see why Ottawa would do it.
Ottawa has way too many picks this draft and would probably prefer quality of Lafreniere over quantity.
Laf would be the face of the franchise. The kids they pick at 3 and 5 likely wouldnt.

Reactions: Crosside

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I like what your saying, problem is.. those are excellent prospects for Montreal. Kulak and Mete insulate and would add incredible depth for multiple playoff runs before Caufield, Romanov And company gel with the team. It’s an incredible trade for the oilers on potential.

laf could bust..
Kulak and Mete are a dime a dozen players. They don't really hold any value. So it's a couple of mid-high level potential guys for a very high potential guy, who's likely to actually hit his potential. I'd give up Romanov and Caufield without thinking twice if Lafreniere was coming back. It's not even a real question.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Kulak and Mete are a dime a dozen players. They don't really hold any value. So it's a couple of mid-high level potential guys for a very high potential guy, who's likely to actually hit his potential. I'd give up Romanov and Caufield without thinking twice if Lafreniere was coming back. It's not even a real question.
Yes. Kulak and Mete are nothing special but they were added to provide depth until the prospect are ready. You know coaches would rather play veteran trash than a talented rookie in the playoffs. See the Big Giant Head of the Islanders.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yes. Kulak and Mete are nothing special but they were added to provide depth until the prospect are ready. You know coaches would rather play veteran trash than a talented rookie in the playoffs. See the Big Giant Head of the Islanders.
You realize though that the Oilers already have better d-men than them on the left side, right?

At best, one MIGHT crack their bottom pairing. They hold next to no value in this deal.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Compared to Lafreniere yes spare parts. There's a reason your offering quantity for a player of his quality. Those are good pieces yes but you don't trade a potential superstar for good pieces.

I don't think it's a good trade, but it'd ridiculous to call them spare parts. Now you'r'e calling them "good pieces" which is a large shift.

If you don't trade super stars for good pieces, what do you trade them for? Cause Superstar for Superstar trades are *extremely* rare.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I don't think it's a good trade, but it'd ridiculous to call them spare parts. Now you'r'e calling them "good pieces" which is a large shift.

If you don't trade super stars for good pieces, what do you trade them for? Cause Superstar for Superstar trades are *extremely* rare.
Like I said they are good pieces but compared to Lafreniere they are spare parts. Why else include so many in the proposal? Again they are solid prospects, pieces whatever you wanna call them but nothing is guaranteed with prospects including Lafreniere I might add. However, odds are higher a player drafted first overall is better than ones drafted later. Everyone entitled to an opinion and that's just mine. You like the chances of your prospects then great hopefully they pan out.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Oilers if they do win the first pick politely decline. They need a ELC star more then spare parts as most everyone would to be honest.

Considering primeau romanov and caufield spare parts is ridiculous. Primeau is an elite G prospect, cuafield would easily go top 7 in a 2019 redraft and romanov has top pairing potential not only that but we add a 1st on top?? Thank you next.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Habs give
Primeau
Mete
Kulak
Romanov
Caufield
and a first

Oilers clearly need D they get 2 pretty ok D and 1 solid prospect.

Add in Caufeild and Primeau and I think we're close. Oilers need depth not a star forward.

This absolutely awful! You're nowhere near close.
Mete and Kulak - negative value sorry for you Mete fans out there. Why Kulak is involved I have NO IDEA?

And I laugh at Hab fans who come on this thread defending this proposal.

And for those who come out and defend this proposal, then I have one thing to say you're a homer and keep your prospects if you like them so much.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Considering primeau romanov and caufield spare parts is ridiculous. Primeau is an elite G prospect, cuafield would easily go top 7 in a 2019 redraft and romanov has top pairing potential not only that but we add a 1st on top?? Thank you next.

Primeau?, Caulfield, and Romanov has proved nothing -

Oilers gladly say, " f*** Off" and we'll have Alexi with Connor for the next 10 years

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
This absolutely awful! You're nowhere near close.
Mete and Kulak - negative value sorry for you Mete fans out there. Why Kulak is involved I have NO IDEA?

And I laugh at Hab fans who come on this thread defending this proposal.

And for those who come out and defend this proposal, then I have one thing to say you're a homer and keep your prospects if you like them so much.

Lol kulak and mete have negative value???? Hahahahaha I've never seen someone so clueless.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Lol kulak and mete have negative value???? Hahahahaha I've never seen someone so clueless.
Spoken like a true Habs fan! Then KEEP YOUR guys! Mete and Kulak are bottom pairing guys, who will both be exposed in the expansion draft next year - Mete and Kulak do not get protected over what the Oilers have - do your homework?

Caulfield is 5'7" and there maybe serious questions about his size and whether he can play a 2 way game - Romanov nice player, #1 is 16th OA at best, and Primeau has 1 year of pro hockey under his belt, so I'll need to see more...

simply not enough for Alexi

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Would Hab fans trade the 1 OA pick for Broberg, Rodrigue, Yamamoto, Jones, and a #1?

NO! flat out. pas tout à fait

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Would Hab fans trade the 1 OA pick for Broberg, Rodrigue, Yamamoto, Jones, and a #1?

My dude you need to breath and chill. You are WAY too invested in something that is fictional you guys don't even have the pick so chill out. I advise everyone in this thread to chill no one knows who is getting that pick and yall going nuts taking shots at each other for no reason.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto

Lol what??? Who on earth is Rodrigue??

Romanov>>>Broberg
Primeau>>>>>>Rodrigue
Caufield=Yamamoto
1st> Jones
Mete, kulak >> nothing

Not even close in value.

Take out rodrigue, jones and add Bouchard, and your 1st.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
You realize though that the Oilers already have better d-men than them on the left side, right?

At best, one MIGHT crack their bottom pairing. They hold next to no value in this deal.
The oilers need to upgrade their forward core and might need to move one of their bigger names to make a deal, so the depth would be nice.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The oilers need to upgrade their forward core and might need to move one of their bigger names to make a deal, so the depth would be nice.
There's 3 LHD in that deal. You already have what like 4 NHL calibre LHD.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
There's 3 LHD in that deal. You already have what like 4 NHL calibre LHD.
The key one is Romanov, and of our 4 nhl calibre defence only Klefbom and Nurse are top 4 material right now. Jones sits in the mix with Kulak and Mete. Broberg is 3 years away from being a difference maker. Some of this depth could be used to fill other holes in our bottom 6. The core of this deal for the oilers is Romanov, primeur, caufild and the 1st.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I would definitely decline trading that package for Lafinere, who I have never heard of before today.

I never heard of this fellow named Lafinere . He must be quite the player to return that package .

Now there’s another player named Lafreniere that the Oilers would decline . It’s not about value it about cap space . Oilers couldn’t fit them under the cap .

Last edited:
Reactions: TFHockey

Mackinn on your girl

Jan 10, 2020
After watching the series against the Blackhawks, I think it is pretty clear that Edmonton needs to upgrade their defense to be able to transition the puck out of their own zone with control. If the Oilers get the #1OA the Avs would offer Bowen Byram plus their 2020 1st. Gives the Oil their #1 D-man they have been asking for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad