May 25, 2014
Habs give
Primeau
Mete
Kulak
Romanov
Caufield
and a first

Oilers clearly need D they get 2 pretty ok D and 1 solid prospect.

Add in Caufeild and Primeau and I think we're close. Oilers need depth not a star forward.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Isn't Edmonton mostly lacking quality top-6ers? Why would they trade him unless they're getting some kind of impossible-to-lose 2-for-1 deal from another team?

Reactions: TFHockey and LTIR

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
What in the world....?

No piece there comes close to being a centerpiece in a Lafreniere trade. There are only two pieces of interest (the best two in the offer), and they're add on pieces, if anything.

You could take out Kulak and Mete, who hold zero value to Edmonton, and that deal remains laughably bad for Edmonton.

To be clear, I really like those pieces for Montreal and they're in their best interests to hold on and forget about Lafreniere. They just don't hold the same trade value now.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So you decide the Oilers need defense, and then don’t offer a single dman that would make the Oilers roster? I’d definitely have interest in Caufield and Romanov, but they don’t interest me enough to give up Lafreniere if we win 1st overall. We need a legit top 6 forward, a 3C, and a goalie. This offer has none of those.

Reactions: Confucius

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Where's the reasonable offer in your post? That's an absurd offer. I do agree that it'd take an absurd offer to move that pick if I had it though.
Lafreniere is on a tier of his own. Clearly better than others.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The Oilers are a work in progress. Yes we have 2 amazing star forwards and a few other good pieces but we lack quality depth and need at minimum 1 top 6 winger, if not 2. Laf is exactly what we’d need and hope Bouchard is ready to make an impact offensively even if he has to be sheltered.

My point is Laf wouldn’t be traded at all. Especially when you consider the elc contract and that we can’t afford the proven players someone could offer

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Where's the reasonable offer in your post? That's an absurd offer. I do agree that it'd take an absurd offer to move that pick if I had it though.
Sorry I worded that wrong. The only offer I'd accept is 3 & 5 baring any unreasonable offers. It's not a smart thing to do and OTT shouldn't but it's something within the realm of possibility and public conversations that I've seen that I'd be interested.

Reactions: CanadianSharks

Jul 6, 2016
Habs give
Primeau
Mete
Kulak
Romanov
Caufield
and a first

Oilers clearly need D they get 2 pretty ok D and 1 solid prospect.

Add in Caufeild and Primeau and I think we're close. Oilers need depth not a star forward.

Not for Lafinere... Maybe for Lafrenière

Reactions: McNurse

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
take away the junk and Romanov, Caufield and a mid 1st is actually decent value but the oilers still decline

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
if Edmonton got 1st overall Id say try to raid the Av's Defensive prospect pantry with a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad