Post-Game Talk: Laffs 1 Jets 0 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
There's lot of players like that in the nhl. He just joins the list of the rest of the mid (or worse) 4th liners. He started the season showing promise but were 20 games in now 0g 1a. On the basis that the PLD trade was supposed to supply additional scoring depth, 2/3s of the players from it really ain't doing much.
Yup - I'm not saying he's great - just like the player and hope he can figure it out.
I don't get too attached to players so it's not like this is a love affair - but there still might still be something there and I'd like to see it happen.
It's a long shot - can't argue with the results

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's a few games. Overall this season, he is the worst. See goals above expected.

The offense is averaging around 1.5 goals per game since Scheif went down 7 games ago. Morrissey just went down this game and vilardi a couple games ago. This is not a very deep team offensively.
Whenever Scheifele has been out our offense dries up , not only this season. But this is a very good team defensively, in past seasons without Scheifele, one of our top wingers , our best offensive defenseman and our backup goalie in net we would have lost 7-3 .

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Yes you did - and I don't think or didn't say he was horrible tonight.
Over all, it was a good team game - and that's how I'm measuring our team right now.

It's pretty obvious that Bones wants to come out of this injury glut with the team staying on message - so I'm looking for the effort that each of them are putting in to do that. I think Cole has more to give - it's not a shot at him but more of an ask that he ramps up his game a bit when things get tough and I don't know if he does much of that - probably a learning curve thing. He'll learn from these experiences - and if he wants to be an impact player, he'll go out there and lead by example regardless of who he is saddled with - I think that'll come.
He didn't make any mistakes, and I think he worked hard all night tonight, he also created a few offensive chances and flashed some skill a few times. Hard to be an impact player with 13 mins of ice, no PP time and no OT ice, all while playing with 21 and 9.

I agree you should be able to play well with any one regardless of 4th liner or 1st liner, however it is much harder to produce and look good when you are playing with lower players in the lineup. I guarantee you Scheif, KFC, Fly etc wouldn't look as good if they were playing with those guys as opposed to each other and playing the minutes they were.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He didn't make any mistakes, and I think he worked hard all night tonight, he also created a few offensive chances and flashed some skill a few times. Hard to be an impact player with 13 mins of ice, no PP time and no OT ice, all while playing with 21 and 9.

I agree you should be able to play well with any one regardless of 4th liner or 1st liner, however it is much harder to produce and look good when you are playing with lower players in the lineup. I guarantee you Scheif, KFC, Fly etc wouldn't look as good if they were playing with those guys as opposed to each other and playing the minutes they were.

Agreed, we saw how Fly looked in a similar situation when he was marooned with Thor around the same age Cole is now. It wasn't pretty.

At the end of the day there are 4 other players on the ice with you and caliber of teammates as well as deployment has a big impact on production and how well someone looks.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Missed the game - on the bright side our power play didn't lose us the game...

What happened to Morrissey

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Missed the game - on the bright side our power play didn't lose us the game...

What happened to Morrissey
1706159553786.png

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
And even if we had shut them out, so what? The SN graphic tomorrow would have read “if you don’t count the times that the Leafs scored zero goals, they haven’t been shut out since the days that they had to wait for the horse to drop the puck”.
It's like they're playing against cardboard cutouts. Every single thing that happens is either the result of incredible Leaf talent or of an inexplicable Leaf mistake.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
It is kind of amazing that the Leafs are now further from their most recent Stanley Cup than the Rangers were when their rival fans used to taunt them with the "1940!" chant. Not to mention that the Rangers are already 30 years into their next cupless streak. (Admittedly, Winnipeg's last Stanley Cup was in 1902, but the Avco Cups were almost as good.)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Posters should be happy with the way the Jets played. They outplayed the Leafs, and only allowed 1 goal without their 3 best players. Also Brossoit is proving to be as good as any starting Goalie in the NHL right now, which is huge.

You will win "far more games " than you will lose, only allowing 2 goals against on average. As soon as our regulars are back in the lineup, the goals will come. We're in great shape.

Be great if Chevy could trade for a scoring 2nd line center, before the trade deadline, that will really make this club great.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
With 3 of our best players out, down to 5 defenseman almost the entire game and our backup goalie in net how can anyone be upset with that game other than the officiating . Yes we aren't a offensive machine but we are one of the best defensively in the NHL and a 30-11-5 record. Get our players back, figure out the PP and we are looking pretty damn good. 7-2-1 in our last 10 games, mostly without Scheifele, and a plus 41 goal differencial that is second best in the entire NHL . Oh and in 1st place in our division with games in hand on Colorado and Dallas. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad