Proposal: Laf to Montreal

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Laf year 2: 29 EV points
Slaf year 2: 28 EV points so far

Its not as far a gap as Hab fans think

Triple
Sure you can cherry pick one aspect of the point totals. But you are ignoring the whole. And the whole represents the obvious conclusion that Slaf is a far superior and developed young player compared to Lafreniere. And its not even close. In 2 x years, we can compare Slaf's point totals to the mediocre results from Lafreniere.

Lafrieniere is a 1OA disappointment. That is a fact. He has not lived up to any expectations thus far.

Last edited:

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Sure you can cherry pick one aspect of the point totals. But you are ignoring the whole. And the whole represents the obvious conclusion that Slaf is a far superior and developed young player compared to Lafreniere. And its not even close. In 2 x years, we can compare Slaf's point totals to the mediocre results from Lafreniere.

Lafrieniere is a 1OA disappointment. That is a fact. He has not lived up to any expectations thus far.
as i said on the first page - the only reason these threads exist is so habs fans can cluck.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I hate to barge into your argument but Slaf has out produced Laf in their 2nd NHL season while also being on a much much worse team....

You are comparing Laf 4th year to Slafs 2nd. I wonder how much better Slaf will be in year 4.....
Then come tell us in year 4.. Somebody makes a post about out producing and we're all supposed to know "Well, if you compare year by year and multiply it by how big and fast he is...."

The statement/opinion/contexts of he's going to be crushing those numbers on year 4 is much different. I hope your right. I don't want to see anybody fail or not reach their potential. Montreal being a top seed team in the future is a good thing to have.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You didn’t address the content within his post.
I did address it. You can't read?

Its LAFable that anyone would compare Laf to Slaf. Other than 3 x letters in their shortened names, there is no comparison. Slaf is out-producing Laf by a landslide when comparing his 2nd year to Laf's. And the year isn't even up yet.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I’m not the one calling my outlandish opinion a fact.

I merely pointed out that you gave you own monologue over what you wanted the narrative to be.

Try to address his point about ice time and power play opportunities.
Ice time and powerplay opportunities needs to be earned. Slaf earned them and is producing. Laf never earned them and never produced when given the chance. Slaf is WAY ahead of Laf in development.

Its not even close.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

Its LAFable that anyone would compare Laf to Slaf. Other than 3 x letters in their shortened names, there is no comparison. Slaf is out-producing Laf by a landslide when comparing his 2nd year to Laf's. And the year isn't even up yet.
By whopping 2 EV points. Stunning oh man he's so much better

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
I’m not the one calling my outlandish opinion a fact.

I merely pointed out that you gave you own monologue over what you wanted the narrative to be.

Try to address his point about ice time and power play opportunities.
it doesn't make sense to try to have a discussion with someone who isn't interested in making arguments in good faith.

the funny thing is no serious Ranger fan in here is diminishing Slafkovsky, limiting the player he's becoming. They may be unwilling to trade Laf for Slaf because of their own valuation and attachment, but nobody is dumping on the kid.

We're making points about comparing production in context to add nuance to the discussion. Habs fans are merely insisting that Lafreniere is inferior. There's a difference.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
By whopping 2 EV points. Stunning oh man he's so much better
Yeah, 2 EV points is what defines the 2 x players. Great analysis!!! Nothing else matters right? LOL

And the season isn't even over yet while Slaf has produced 22 points in his last 24 games of which 19 points are primary points.

Laf has never done that and probably never will! lol

This comparison is absurd. One player is a budding superstar and the other is Alexis Lafreniere.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ice time and powerplay opportunities needs to be earned. Slaf earned them and is producing. Laf never earned them and never produced when given the chance. Slaf is WAY ahead of Laf in development.

It’s not even close.
Slafkovsky is playing on a non playoff team in his second season. Lafreniere played on a team that went to the Eastern Conference Final in his second year.

You can’t compare what was earned. Two completely different situations. Impossible to know how each would do in the opposite situation.

And you are the one boasting towards your player. You don’t see Rangers fans trying to denigrate Slafkovsky.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Slafkovsky is playing on a non playoff team in his second season. Lafreniere played on a team that went to the Eastern Conference Final in his second year.

You can’t compare what was earned. Two completely different situations. Impossible to know how each would do in the opposite situation.

And you are the one boasting towards your player. You don’t see Rangers fans trying to denigrate Slafkovsky.
No one can compare players in opposite situations.

What you can compare is their point production and their impact on the ice. And there is no comparison. Slaf is a budding superstar. Laf is ... not.

Glad you like your 1OA disappointment.

By comparing Slaf to Laf, you are denigrating Slafkovsky! LOL

Reactions: viceroy

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland

Gotta love these type of posts.

"My guy had a better second season than your guy"

There is so much context for both players but Habs fans try so hard to find ways of saying Slaf is better than Laf, when in actual fact, both have performed underwhelmingly for 1OA picks.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
No one can compare players in opposite situations.

What you can compare is their point production and their impact on the ice. And there is no comparison. Slaf is a budding superstar. Laf is ... not.

Glad you like your 1OA disappointment.

By comparing Slaf to Laf, you are denigrating Slafkovsky! LOL
the laddy doth protest too much, methinks.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

There is so much context for both players but Habs fans try so hard to find ways of saying Slaf is better than Laf, when in actual fact, both have performed underwhelmingly for 1OA picks.
Habs fans don't have to find ways to claim Slaf is better than Laf in D+2. When its pure fact. Its NYR fans that are grasping at straws trying to find ways to make Laf measure up.

Its Lafable!!

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

In actual fact, Slaf have performed above past 1oa in their d+2 years

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
In the last 10years, only Matthews and Mcdavid had a better d+2 seasons
Hischier and Hughes had much better D2 seasons. They were cut short due to injuries but they were much better thank Slafs.

But with the Laf v Slaf chat, you are literally comparing a player who was on the 3rd line, less than 15mins a night and basically no PP time to someone playing top line, nearly 18mins a night and is PP1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad