Lady Panthers Let Go

oOwlCat

FL > TN
Jun 24, 2010
Nashville, TN
Per Panthers PR twitter

rbpqccdzcccbrascezbeebedqp

Budget cut or focusing attention more on the game?

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
Per Panthers PR twitter

8167223_222180924_14414376.jpg

Budget cut or focusing attention more on the game?

Really could go either way.

The Lady Panthers were among the least objectionable parts of the gameday presentation. Compared to other parts (the screeching in arena host, the obnoxiously loud music, the plethora of advertising, etc.) it was much easier to ignore them if you found them objectionable.

I never had an issue with them. I actually enjoyed them (as did my family) so I will not be rejoicing their passing.

If this is a sign of a (long overdue) total overhaul of the game-day presentation, then I can accept the loss.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
As far as the TV broadcasting goes, I think they showed more eye candy from the crowd than the lady panthers anyway.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Good riddance. No offense to the particular individuals, but their existence wreaks of Yormarkism and selling you everything but hockey.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Good news. A step in the right direction to making Panthers games hockey games again and not a circus. Fire the in arena DJ. Fire the Panthers hype team. Stop playing Mikey cyrus and pitboss and start playing the organ and rock music. Rock music is hockey. Electronic dub step rap music or whatever it's called is not and will never be associated with hockey.

Let's transform the BB&T Center into a hockey venue.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Good news. A step in the right direction to making Panthers games hockey games again and not a circus. Fire the in arena DJ. Fire the Panthers hype team. Stop playing Mikey cyrus and pitboss and start playing the organ and rock music. Rock music is hockey. Electronic dub step rap music or whatever it's called is not and will never be associated with hockey.

Let's transform the BB&T Center into a hockey venue.

I only want this playing at games

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
True story, a cute lady Panther checked me out while she was waiting in the hallway with the rest of her lady teammates. She most definitely looked at me up and down and smiled and stared. I will miss them :)

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
They weren't the most annoying thing that's part of the game experience at the arena. That in my opinion goes to the DJ playing crappy loud as hell music and the Rat Pack. I feel bad for anyone who gets fired even if they were just part-time and hardly getting paid if at all. It seems that hardly anyone paid attention to their pre-period dancing except for husbands having a reason not to hear their wives talk (... not that I did any of that nonsense ;) ) and I guess management took notice.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Cheerleaders are for slow moving sports like football and baseball. Not hockey. I wont miss them.

More importantly time to improve in-arena music. They need to start playing things that came out prior to 2010. Preferably, before the year 2000. The music is horrendous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad