Ladies and gentlemen; Illya Bryzgalov

KG

Sep 23, 2010
From Craig Morgan’s latest article

Any last words?
If Arizona needs my help, just let them know Bryzie is good at developing goalies. Why wouldn’t you want to hire Ilya Bryzgalov as a goaltending consultant? This is a good story, Craig, but you’ve got to ask the edgy questions of the management. Let me know what their answer is.

I can’t even lolol millennial crying emoji insert

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Bryz is just the best.

I never saw him when he was playing but just watching his interviews and his best of on youtube made me realize what a great guy he is.

Make it happen. NOW

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Honestly, I'd love to have Bryz back here. I love his sense of humor and his intelligence. Only thing I didn't really like about him was his five-hole.

Bryz is just the best.

I never saw him when he was playing but just watching his interviews and his best of on youtube made me realize what a great guy he is.

Make it happen. NOW
You guys can't be serious?

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Bryz is smarter than anyone on this forum, so I'd be willing to try him out as a goalie whisperer. Or just have him around to keep the room loose.
I think so too.

You always need one who is a bit fun, who keeps the guys loose.
But is also capable of working with them and making them better.

Thats why germany took Podolski with them in 2014 and 2016.
His performances before the tournament weren't that outstanding, but still we took him with us.
He is a fun guy, hard working and very sympathetic.

Those guys take the tension out of a room or press conference in no time. Just because they are likeable and down to earth.

Also they give character. And we lack that big time.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
IIRC, 1st round against Detroit, he rather dwell on his upcoming free agency than playoff hockey. After he left, the next season Coyotes reached the West finals...
Swept by Detroit, completely choked. He never gave the Coyotes a chance to win. Pathetic that you guys want him back because he was good in the locker room.

Reactions: Jakey53

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Bryz's playoff collapses were legendary. He was good for a laugh and great in the regular season but I don't think we need a constant reminder of those playoff performances. Not when we need to improve the culture as it is.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Kaizen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Bryz's playoff collapses were legendary. He was good for a laugh and great in the regular season but I don't think we need a constant reminder of those playoff performances. Not when we need to improve the culture as it is.
The culture change has to start at the top, the ownership. We now have stability, let's see if BA and our new coaches can do their share. Most people on this board blame the culture on the players, but management are the ones who brought them here. Not many NHL players want to lose, but if you have a bunch of the same kind of players of lesser talent, or the wrong mix, you are not likely to win.

Reactions: Edenjung

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Sorry boys, but if you want to blame those playoff losses on Bryz, you’re either looking for a scapegoat, or just don’t know the game too well…. there was plenty of blame to go around, not to mention Detroit just having been the better team.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sorry boys, but if you want to blame those playoff losses on Bryz, you’re either looking for a scapegoat, or just don’t know the game too well…. there was plenty of blame to go around, not to mention Detroit just having been the better team.

Didn't help that the morning of game #1 the Canadian media dropped the story that the Coyotes were relocating right after they were eliminated and it got to the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad