Ladd or O'Sullivan

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
O'Sullivan will be the more productive of the two. Ladd may develop into a decent power forward in the mold of a Brenden Morrow, but that is to be determined. Just remember, Brad Isbister was set to be the next Todd Bertuzzi...

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Tough call. O'Sullivan has been plain dynamic at the AHL level but some question if that will translate to the NHL. I think he needs a little more seasoning, but the offensive talent is there. I'm really hoping O'Sullivan gets his act together. He's a pretty rough story and it would be great for him to have success.

Ladd simply needs AHL time and i'm not sure, aside from lack of organizational depth at forward, why he's not getting it. He plays a style that you can tell will one day lead to success for him, but he's not strong enough to pull it off yet. I think he needs to learn the finer points against AHL competition until he's strong enough to play the push around game with the big boys.

The_scout

Sep 17, 2006
Ladd should not have been drafted as high as he did...

He played on a great top line in the WHL with Getzlaf the year he was the drafted. The next year he dropped off dramatically. Thats not to say that Ladd cannot develop and turn into a useful player but i do think that people should lower their expectations for him.

I think O'sullivan will have the better career.

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
Tough call. O'Sullivan has been plain dynamic at the AHL level but some question if that will translate to the NHL. I think he needs a little more seasoning, but the offensive talent is there. I'm really hoping O'Sullivan gets his act together. He's a pretty rough story and it would be great for him to have success.

Ladd simply needs AHL time and i'm not sure, aside from lack of organizational depth at forward, why he's not getting it. He plays a style that you can tell will one day lead to success for him, but he's not strong enough to pull it off yet. I think he needs to learn the finer points against AHL competition until he's strong enough to play the push around game with the big boys.

carolina doesnt like having their top prospects develope in minor leagues do they? staal, ladd, JJ off the top of my head

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
carolina doesnt like having their top prospects develope in minor leagues do they? staal, ladd, JJ off the top of my head

Staal was one of those franchise talents that gets to play right away. The AHL wasn't ever an option for him. It was either Junior or NHL and Carolina selected NHL.

Ladd actually started the year in the AHL last season, but played well enough to warrant a call up to the big squad. He tore a ligament in his knee and was on the shelf for a while. When he came back he was tenative on that knee, but had a great playoff year. This year they expected him to pick up where he left off, but it didn't work out in his favor. He needs more time at the AHL level.

Johnson wouldn't even sign a deal with this club, much less report to the AHL affiliate. I'll reserve comment further than that.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Andrew Ladd = future Chad Kilger

kilger's been a solid guy for over 10 years. you could do a lot worse than that. i know people will say a top 5 pick shouldnt be a kilger - but top 5 picks bomb all the time. i think if you get a guy who becomes a regular for a decade, you cant be pissed.

im defending kilger more than ladd here, i think ladd can be a better scorer than kilger. kilger deserves more credit, no one said he was going to score 100 pts a year. he was just supposed to be a power center. ditto neidermayer.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
kilger's been a solid guy for over 10 years. you could do a lot worse than that. i know people will say a top 5 pick shouldnt be a kilger - but top 5 picks bomb all the time. i think if you get a guy who becomes a regular for a decade, you cant be pissed.

im defending kilger more than ladd here, i think ladd can be a better scorer than kilger. kilger deserves more credit, no one said he was going to score 100 pts a year. he was just supposed to be a power center. ditto neidermayer.
I love Kilger, I never said it was a bad thing, he is one of my favourite Leafs, hits, scores, forechecks. A very good 3rd liner IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad