Lack of OT so far

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Playoffs sudden death OT is my favorite situation in hockey. Sad we still have not experienced it after 10 games.

What is the record for least OT games?
Is it? I hate it. Don't know how long you need to dedicate to the game. Is it 5 minutes, is it 5 hours?

Might be better if it's literally your last event of the day and you'll go to sleep after, but otherwise, it's a real pain and I usually turn the games off after they go to OT, unless it's an elimination game of a team I care about.

• Wow
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Small sample size so far. I do love playoff overtime, though as I've gotten older I pray that Western Conference games don't go to overtime so I can get to bed at a reasonable hour. I do seem to recall a playoff year not too far back where no game went past double overtime. As a secondary Bolts fan, I still have a bit of internalized turmoil over remembering the 5OT game against Columbus in the bubble. That game nearly gave me a heart attack. Last year's 4OT game between the Hurricanes and Panthers was similarly amazing in a bad way, if that makes any sense to say.

I wouldn't mind a long overtime game, but I pray that it's an eastern game later on in the playoffs. The other factor in sometimes being annoyed by long overtime games in the early rounds is that it overlaps the beginning of a western game I want to watch.

Reactions: SoupNazi and Lshap

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Ehh, it's the first round, where you have the most uneven matchups. Wait until next round I'm sure there will be more

Reactions: Summer Rose

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I love OT in series not involving my team. I can only appreciate OT involving my team after it is over. If Bruins - Leafs go to OT like Leafs - Lightning series did my heart might not make it

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Is it? I hate it. Don't know how long you need to dedicate to the game. Is it 5 minutes, is it 5 hours?

Might be better if it's literally your last event of the day and you'll go to sleep after, but otherwise, it's a real pain and I usually turn the games off after they go to OT, unless it's an elimination game of a team I care about.

You are definitely the exception to the rule. I am not watching all playoffs games but if a game goes to OT, I will try to tune in.

You just know there will be a 3-4 overtime game now in the near future because of this thread

That's the goal.🙂

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It seems in R1 we often have an extreme of tons of OT or very few. Last year we had a ton, prior year I wanna say we had only 6-7. We've also seen years where first 2-3 days we get 5 OT games then do not get any for another week

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad