Lack of center cepth in organization

TYLENOL

Dec 29, 2012
Every team has holes in their organisation! This might be a little one but it isn't even barely a problem yet!

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I can't fault Timmens or Bergy for the lack of center depth in the organization outside of the big club but I think that they will have to address this issue sooner rather than later. Some of it is their doing. They got rid of Leblanc but they haven't really replaced him.

Habs
Desharnais
Plekanec
Eller
Malholtra - 1 year contract

Dogs
Dumont - last year of contract
?
DeLa Rose - rookie
Dowell - 1 year contract

I heard that they want to try Hudon at center. I love the kid, great passer and he'll play in the NHL one day. But why do we always have to convert people because we can't draft properly for the position. They fixed the problem on D, now they have to fix the problem up front.

Center depth has haunted the Habs for yrs., decades is probably closer to the truth. Check out the teams throughout history that were dynasties and you will find that all of those teams were deep at center. Not merely the top six centers but all four lines at center with depth off of the wings that could play center. So the absolute necessity for depth at center, for a perennial contender is right up there with having a star goalie, four Dmen that can play solid defence with very good 3rd pairings too.

Not exactly news to avid hockey fans, but definitely need to know for fans wanting to know the machinations of building a championship team. The Habs now have good depth at center in the NHL, but can certainly use more depth in their system in order to compete as contenders, as injuries to key personnel in the playoffs can be devastating.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Bournival has played LW since he turned pro
DeLaRose has played mostly on LW since he turned pro
Nattinen is back in Europe
Audette is small and 3-4 years from NHL
Dumont is AHL talent
Gregoire is a winger, nor a center andyears away from NHL

Where is your depth ?

That's why I said prospect depth. You need new faces and we got no center talent in pipeline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad