Trade: [LAC/POR] Norman Powell and Robert Covington for Justice Winslow, Eric Bledsoe, Keon Johnson, 2nd

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so portland trades trent for powell and then gives powell away for literally nothing?

what a shitshow up in portland

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I love that Keon Johnson is the piece that hurts the most to lose in this trade. If PG and Kawhi come back this season, Clippers are among the strongest teams in the league.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid

Whole cell block was dancing to the jailhouse rock
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I love that Keon Johnson is the piece that hurts the most to lose in this trade. If PG and Kawhi come back this season, Clippers are among the strongest teams in the league.
Agreed. LA robbed them.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Agreed. LA robbed them.
I’ve been trying to think of what the depth chart even looks like with this trade. Right now I got

Reggie/Coffey?/Scrubb
Powell/Kennard/Boston
Morris/Mann
Batum/Roco
Zubac/Serge/Hartenstein

If PG/Kawhi come back this season, put them at the 3/4 respectively. I’d see if you could flip a depth piece for Dragic or a different back up PG. This team with PG/Kawhi is legitimately 15 deep.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I’ve been trying to think of what the depth chart even looks like with this trade. Right now I got

Reggie/Coffey?/Scrubb
Powell/Kennard/Boston
Morris/Mann
Batum/Roco
Zubac/Serge/Hartenstein

If PG/Kawhi come back this season, put them at the 3/4 respectively. I’d see if you could flip a depth piece for Dragic or a different back up PG. This team with PG/Kawhi is legitimately 15 deep.
that's insane depth

if PG and kawhi can return next season at 100% and stay healthy into the playoffs (massive if) i don't see how that team doesn't win a title. could happen this season too but i'm not so confident in PG and kawhi getting healthy

Reactions: Gecklund

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Portland trades for Powell, gives him a huge contract and less than a year later trades him for a bag of magic beans? I know the Clips have traded a bunch of their 1sts but Portland couldn't even get a future one?

Dame gotta be rethinking his commitment.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
that's insane depth

if PG and kawhi can return next season at 100% and stay healthy into the playoffs (massive if) i don't see how that team doesn't win a title. could happen this season too but i'm not so confident in PG and kawhi getting healthy
What’s cool too is that the guys who’s contracts are expiring after this season are Serge, Hartenstein, RoCo, and technically Coffey. Batum has a player option and Zubac has a team option but I have a hard time seeing either of those players leaving. This is a core that could be together a long long time.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Portland trades for Powell, gives him a huge contract and less than a year later trades him for a bag of magic beans? I know the Clips have traded a bunch of their 1sts but Portland couldn't even get a future one?

Dame gotta be rethinking his commitment.
lillard's leaving the first chance he gets. it's almost like they're begging him to demand a trade at this point after this awful deal

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad