La liga 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Couldn't watch the game, but good to get another W in the books
Up to 3rd now, Sevilla still have a pretty healthy lead though.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Seems like Felix are about to wrap things up at Atletico after all. Guess that means he won’t be moving in the summer.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Deserved win today. Depending on who scores win I think the outcome of the match could’ve been very different, but the result was absolutely fair and we should’ve scored more really.

—Going straight to the hand balls, Elche shouldn’t feel hard done. I had to see the one that went against them probably five or six times before I could understand how that was given, but I think the intent to play the ball with hand was there. The ones against us though or the correct calls. And if they really feel hard done by then they should go to the first half when they stop one of our breakaways with a handball and didn’t even get a yellow card.
— Torres was Man of the match for me today. When he came on he made a real difference and despite not finishing his chances, his movement off the ball is excellent. You also have to consider that he’s in the position to finish those chances. And at least two of them required saves as well. Hopefully today’s goal gives him some confidence. I would say this was his best performance since we signed him.
— I thought Alba had a good second half. He had a couple nice defensive place and added yet another assist. He’s starting to approach Robertson now.
— If you go look at everything around the penalty that was given to us I would think you have to come to the same conclusion I keep going to and that is we have the wrong person as our captain. How Pique is not the captain is beyond me.
— I really don’t think that Xavi should be starting Gavi on the left much anymore. We just don’t have the with then and with the white players on the team I think you really need to utilize them.
— Call me a fan boy all you want, but I’m really starting to see opportunities to rotate some of the midfielders. Gavi and particularly Nico could stand to step aside for Riqui. I get it that they bring different things to the team and there are different profiles, but Nico in particular hasn’t been as good lately as he was say a month or two ago.
—Frenkie had some real chances today and while he didn’t do poorly with them he could’ve done better. He is the midfielder who is going to benefit from the space created though and he’s gonna need to find his finishingHe is the midfielder who is going to benefit from the space created though and he’s gonna need to find his finishing boots.

Since I’m so excited about our new signing I’ll just give him another plug. He scored again today, and I think he has something like six or seven goals and five or six assists this season, and Racing Club our second in their division and I believe level points with the first place team. Anyway, as little as Torre is he made a run into the box and scored a header. So again just very excited to see what this kid can bring.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • The club definitely need to up their offer to Araujo if what I'm reading is correct. A 66% increase at least would be needed if you ask me, but that alone might seal it.
  • If you've never thought Frenkie wasn't critical of himself, go look at his comments from today's press conference. I don't recall a player every saying he can improve as much as I've heard Frenkie say it.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The club is worried not to have another Umtiti on our hands.

Another 66% on top of what they're offering is I believe less than half of what Umtiti is earning.

I wouldn't get into a bidding war with Premiership clubs and if Araujo is dumb enough to make that move then that's on him, but there is plenty of room for the club to improve it's offer.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Another assist for Torre today. I think that's 7 goals and 7 assists he has for Racing this season who look on pace for promotion.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Damn Daylight Savings Time...

Anyway, Pablo Torre with another assist today on a tricky corner as Racing Santander won again. I think it's 7 goals and 8 assists for him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad