La Liga 2020-2021 Part II

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
In hindsight we all were harsh on him. By we I mean me. He should’ve been kept at least when a replacement is found. What the heck were we thinking?

Anyway happy for him a fierce competitor and In his time here a pro through and through. Amazing team mate!

Well to my earlier point and to be fair I think Koeman might have been told Suarez was surplus to requirements based on his salary. That said I still think Koeman wasn’t too interested.

For me I was OK with him going if they were to bring in an appropriate replacement, but then you knew they weren’t going to do that. I understand the issue with the wages, but you still need a striker. So hence you keep him.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
U.D. Ibiza continue their remarkable journey, they were founded in 2015 and have climbed up from the regional leagues to now the Segunda Division next year. They beat Real Madrid Castilla and Murcia in the promotion playoffs.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
U.D. Ibiza continue their remarkable journey, they were founded in 2015 and have climbed up from the regional leagues to now the Segunda Division next year. They beat Real Madrid Castilla and Murcia in the promotion playoffs.
DAZN has a doc on them, I haven’t watched it yet because I know I will be jealous of those dudes living in the Baleares

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well to my earlier point and to be fair I think Koeman might have been told Suarez was surplus to requirements based on his salary. That said I still think Koeman wasn’t too interested.

For me I was OK with him going if they were to bring in an appropriate replacement, but then you knew they weren’t going to do that. I understand the issue with the wages, but you still need a striker. So hence you keep him.

Suarez said that Koeman actually told him he’d be called on if he wasn’t transferred. So Suarez says the decision came from above. IMO it was a dual decision.

Suarez also said that Lucho was the best manager he’s ever had. Interestingly enough he’s also the manager with the best winning percentage at Barca since 2003.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I have a hard time seeing Koeman just come in and immediately decide that Suarez should go. Sounds more likely from what Suarez is saying that it was a top down decision. Either way Koeman should have fought it. Have always loved Suarez; a little crazy but just the most passionate competitor. Happy for him.

Reactions: luiginb

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Fire is out. Was brought under control soon after response units arrived on the scene. Could’ve been another season in that barn they played in this year.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some interesting comments from Digne regarding Lucho and Valverde. Hopefully Spain get bounced, Lucho leaves and we sack Koeman early on with Lucho coming back to replace him. Lucho wasn't perfect, but I'd welcome him back considering who we've had since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad