Rumor: LA Kings to bring Stanley Cup to Ottawa Dec.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Great idea, the Kings coming to have their picture taken with our Prime Minister like they do with the President of the United States, since their are 12 Canadian Players on the Team.

Doing this the night before they play in Ottawa on Dec. 11 :yo:

This is still speculation, but looking good! :handclap:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Sens will also be bringing the cup home in June

I like it!

In the short lockout year we took the Rangers to 7 games. We were not that far away from possibly winning.

We were favorites from like 2003-2008. Ridiculous in 05/06. And we did not win. Other teams win or make the final as low seeds. I grant we are not an elite team. But if Anderson is really on. Karlsson plays like he did the 20 games before his achilles was cut. The kid line continues to grow. Methot returns and is good. Ceci keeps playing near flawless great hockey. Cowen keeps getting better... And throws guys around like ragdolls while doing it. We use our massive capspace to make an addition or two at the deadline. I think a real run is possible. I think it is more unlikely then inprobable. The East is not that strong.

Do I think we will win the Cup? Not probable. I think it is quite possible. I think we have a chance this season. I also think Murray and MacLean and all the players think so too. A shot. A chance. No one in the Sens organization at this point less then 20 games into the season has given up on the Cup yet.

Will we win? Probably not. Could we win? Yes!!!! It is far from proven we can't.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
There are 12 Canadian players on the Kings, so they are taking the cup to Stephen Harper.

This is really weird, and we should ignore it.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Announced today (Ottawa Sun) it will not happen now as our Prime Minister Harper will be in Montreal for the Jean Beliveau State Funeral.

RIP Jean.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
We didn't win it so who cares.

Quite Frankly, I think it should happen every year, since every team usually has more Canadians than any other Country on the Team. So if it's good enough for The President of the United States, it should be good for our Prime Minister too.

I'm surprised it hasn't been done decades ago! :amazed:

And ya, I wouldn't hold our breath for the SENS to win it any time soon!

There are 12 Canadian players on the Kings, so they are taking the cup to Stephen Harper.

This is really weird, and we should ignore it.

16 Canadians last year on the Team, what's so weird about it? Did you forget to be Patriotic somewhere along the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad