Kings Article: LA Kings Think Cal Petersen Will Be Their Next Hot Goaltender Prospect

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
The Los Angeles Kings have had quite a few goaltenders go through their system since 2012, most of them going to other teams because Jonathan Quick is a superstar and is entrenched as the Kings' number one goaltender for the foreseeable future.
But that doesn't mean that the Kings can rest on their laurels in terms of having goaltender depth in their system, so who's the next young goalie prospect coming up through the ranks?
That would be Cal Petersen, who is having an outstanding year with the Ontario Reign of the American Hockey League.
For more...

LA Kings Think Cal Petersen Will Be Their Next Hot Goaltender Prospect

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Nice article Gann.

I loved this quote

“I was talking to my family and my advisor, and I said that I think the improvements and steps I’ve taken this year are the biggest that I’ve made in any year of my career,” he emphasized. “A lot of that is because of the ways Dusty has identified ways I can get better.”

“They’re things that resonate with me,” he added. “He’s able to understand my game and bring it to the next level. [The coaching has] been awesome. It’s been even better than what I thought it would be before.”

If previous goalies results weren't endorsement enough, these sort of comments back up what we see from the goalie development team. It really does seem to be an area of strength for LA

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Nice article Gann.

I loved this quote

“I was talking to my family and my advisor, and I said that I think the improvements and steps I’ve taken this year are the biggest that I’ve made in any year of my career,” he emphasized. “A lot of that is because of the ways Dusty has identified ways I can get better.”

“They’re things that resonate with me,” he added. “He’s able to understand my game and bring it to the next level. [The coaching has] been awesome. It’s been even better than what I thought it would be before.”

If previous goalies results weren't endorsement enough, these sort of comments back up what we see from the goalie development team. It really does seem to be an area of strength for LA

Which is very telling when people call Jack Campbell a bust for not working out in Dallas. When was the last time they legitimately developed a goalie?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Honestly Petersen--small sample size be warned--looks phenomenal. Unflappable.

Which is very telling when people call Jack Campbell a bust for not working out in Dallas. When was the last time they legitimately developed a goalie?

I remember Campbell being...well not critical per se, but mentioning that Dallas had like a floating consultant or something? Nowhere near what we have here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad