Rumor: LA Kings looking at Markov

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
ESPN radio mentioned LA is looking at defenseman Andrew (its Andrei) Markov. San Jose and Colorado are also in the running for Markov's service. Its unclear if Bergervin will move Markov. Its believed that Kyle Clifford, Tanner Pearson and a 1st round pick is the asking price.

Louie Jean (some guy from sportsnet) said Colorado offered PA Parenteau for Rene Bourque. Bergervin said no and asked for Jamie Mcginn. Parenteau is not a grinder and Mcginn is. With the recent trade Raphael Diaz for Dale Weise, looks like the Habs are trying to get bigger and add grinders. I see Bergervin being interested in Clifford who has 5 points in 48 games this year.

pine*

Seems to me that MB is gearing up unofficially for a run at Connor McDavid

PunkinDrublic*

Trading Markov for Clifford !! Now deres somm hokey sence for ya !:laugh:

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Tanner Pearson along with a first for Markov seems a bit high. Would love that trade.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
ESPN radio mentioned LA is looking at defenseman Andrew (its Andrei) Markov. San Jose and Colorado are also in the running for Markov's service. Its unclear if Bergervin will move Markov. Its believed that Kyle Clifford, Tanner Pearson and a 1st round pick is the asking price.

Louie Jean (some guy from sportsnet) said Colorado offered PA Parenteau for Rene Bourque. Bergervin said no and asked for Jamie Mcginn. Parenteau is not a grinder and Mcginn is. With the recent trade Raphael Diaz for Dale Weise, looks like the Habs are trying to get bigger and add grinders. I see Bergervin being interested in Clifford who has 5 points in 48 games this year.

Yes please

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...if LA LA Land wants Markov, please see payment here:

Toffoli1.jpg

:handclap:

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
They should absolutely create a bidding war for Markov just to see what they could get especially considering how generous GMs get around the deadline. If they don't move him though, and re-sign him, MB better improve the roster otherwise it's pointless to keep him and not really be a threat to win the East.

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
Thinking out loud here, but is O'Reilly untouchable now?

Cause if Colorado is interested in Markov, wouldn someone work a deal around O'Reilly. Would take more obviously, but Markov is an interesting piece for that team going into the playoffs.

Maverik

Oct 26, 2006
Why is everyone saying it's Markov for Clifford? Did you miss that the rumor is also including an NHL ready 1st round pick and another 1st round pick?

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Not a bad return IMO. Kyle Clifford can slot into our third line, it makes bourque expendable. Then Pearson can be on our second line wing and a first is always nice to have. The reality is... trade your players while they still have value and bring the young guys up.

EDIT: Didnt see Pearson was in the AHL. Maybe not ready for second line duties yet.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Thinking out loud here, but is O'Reilly untouchable now?

Cause if Colorado is interested in Markov, wouldn someone work a deal around O'Reilly. Would take more obviously, but Markov is an interesting piece for that team going into the playoffs.
I would do that trade tomorrow morning..dream!

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
If they trade Markov, it sends the wrong message to the room and the fans.

To be honest, I don't know that much about Pearson and Clifford.

Previous reports talked about Toffoli for Markov.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Why is everyone saying it's Markov for Clifford? Did you miss that the rumor is also including an NHL ready 1st round pick and another 1st round pick?

Which are basically 2nd round picks.
Pearson was passed over in two previous drafts btw.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
If they trade Markov, it sends the wrong message to the room and the fans.

To be honest, I don't know that much about Pearson and Clifford.

Previous reports talked about Toffoli for Markov.
What message and what fans. The only message I get from trading Markov is that the team wants to get better and build for the future. I mean do the fans want to keep the same team and keep on losing forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad