Kings News: LA Kings Hire Adam Oats as a Consultant

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I think any new voice coming from outside the existing organization providing an honest evaluation of these players is welcome news.

He may have been a lousy coach, but it doesn't mean he can't evaluate talent.

I dunno.....don't you have to have experience doing that first?

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I can't believe the reactions this has gotten. Oates teaches skills to numerous players and is highly respected. The guy doesn't even have an official role, he is just a consultant. I don't understand why anyone would be against an additional set of eyes being brought in to help with the offense. I'm convinced people just want to complain.

Last edited:

member 88115

I love it
One if the best creative passing players in his time. Exactly what this team needs to develop in their system. Even the current team join in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
At least the Kings are being proactive in improving. If players are hiring Oates, that means something. The Kings also hired analytics guru, Rob Vollman in September.
In hiring Desjardins and Sturm, that is bringing in coaching with international experience. Happy Sturm is on board. Was a 2-1 loss to Canada from taking Gold.
How could anyone not be impressed? And an overall record of success, in coaching.

Kings are exploring different and forward elements and hiring pros like Vollman and Oates to help the players, team , systems and to get better results.
I would rather see them making these efforts, than doing nothing.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad