LA Kings "Enough"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
How does that create systemic change?

Hey guys, lets stop feeding and housing the poor and homeless! Lets stop providing aid to sick children! Let's stop finding ways to reduce the impact of climate change on coral reefs!

You pedantic, self-satisfied, needle-point-perspective-having, narrow-minded mollusk.

Reactions: ThirdManIn

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Yeah because there is no precedent for the US military to be stonewalled by guerilla fighters with small arms or anything like that.

Also the idea that the government is a monolithic entity and wouldn't split in two with one half resisting is hilariously naive

Marine Veteran here.

The entire Marine Corps would probably resign if an order ever came down to fight on American soil and kill American citizens.

Folks it's a volunteer service across the board.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
If you think the reason why lawful gun owners have them is for a potential war with the government, you’re been quite misinformed by the rest of the gun grab brigade.

Potential war with a tyrannical government is the reason why the 2nd amendment was created and some people still use that as justification for gun ownership(rapper/social activist Killer Mike is one such example). The extent to which that is why lawful gun owners currently have guns is not something I have the knowledge to comment on, but I don't think he was suggesting that. He was merely discussing the historical context of the 2nd amendment.

Reactions: ThirdManIn

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I like the gesture by the Kings.

But seriously, why is America not outraged by the people killed in Chicago daily or any other inner city? Serious question.

Reactions: Reaper45

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
full
I don’t mean to go off topic but is anyone else experiencing rather large tweets randomly? I’m on mobile and it just started happening out of nowhere. Is there a fix?

Reactions: Faterson and olli

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Marine Veteran here.

The entire Marine Corps would probably resign if an order ever came down to fight on American soil and kill American citizens.

Folks it's a volunteer service across the board.

I could see it fracturing, no doubt the government would commit enormous resources to painting the resistance as branch davidians or the like
Potential war with a tyrannical government is the reason why the 2nd amendment was created and some people still use that as justification for gun ownership(rapper/social activist Killer Mike is one such example). The extent to which that is why lawful gun owners currently have guns is not something I have the knowledge to comment on, but I don't think he was suggesting that. He was merely discussing the historical context of the 2nd amendment.

It was more than just that, you couldn't go outside in 1700s America without a f***ing gun and not risk all sorts of bad shit happen to you. Resist tyranny is the sexy reason but self defense was always implied

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Why doesn't Europe ban assault trucks?

Several hundred have already died in the past few years.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
It was more than just that, you couldn't go outside in 1700s America without a ****ing gun and not risk all sorts of bad **** happen to you. Resist tyranny is the sexy reason but self defense was always implied

Absolutely, good point. Man/woman had to survive against nature and man/woman alike in a way that is unfathomable to us today.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Why doesn't Europe ban assault trucks?

Several hundred have already died in the past few years.

This. People got along just fine without assault trucks. Plus it's not like you can defend yourself from rape or home invasion with an assault truck.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not to pit pick a great post but regulations and restrictions are at an all time high. Which helps fuel an American debate. Why do good standing citizens need to bend over backwards to own a firearm which is literally a constitutional right awarded to them because a select few misuse, the right and do horrible things? There is a much deeper rooted issue at hand here than regulations around guns. The epidemic is the situation of america, poverty rate, glorifying of gun violence via music/tv etc.

I'm not saying I disagree with anything else you've posted just that section and I appreciate your input and genuine appreciation for the degredation of our typical society and I agree changes are needed somehow someway.

I do see where you're coming from and definitely agree gun violence is about a lot more than just guns. Doesn't change the fact you are 10x more likely to be killed by a gun being in the US than in other developed countries. The gun related murder rate is 25x higher in the States than it is in other prosperous nations.

It is the access to these guns that give these "select few" the opportunity to misuse them. And really misuse is a misnomer as a gun's most specific purpose is to kill something that would otherwise be alive. The US constitution was ratified 230 years ago when the population of the US was around 2.5 million people. That figure today is close to 330 million and in that time mankind has seen the most radical and rapid changes to it's existence than ever before. To me that should hold little relevance to what should be the governing ideas and practices in a contemporary society.

For what possible reason does a private citizen need an Assault Rifle? Stringent regulations and restrictions have been proven to work to decrease gun violence in every country that has them. Yes, many of the underlying issues may still exist, but the tangible benefit of less violence is what should be the primary goal, at least short term. November 11th is right around the corner and I sincerely doubt that when they talk about all the heroes who fought for freedom, the freedom they're referring to is the freedom to kill each other with guns.

Reactions: DJN21

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
why its the truth....it'd be pretty similar to alcohol being banned back in the old days.

But committing the crime of obtaining a weapon illegally would weigh too heavily on the conscience of a mass murderer

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
I like the gesture by the Kings.

But seriously, why is America not outraged by the people killed in Chicago daily or any other inner city? Serious question.
The media doesn't cover 99.5% of gun related deaths. Only these mass shootings get the substantial coverage, for obvious reasons.

Lol this will probably get closed soon but oh well. Relevant to this topic:

A very concise argument.

Last edited:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I do see where you're coming from and definitely agree gun violence is about a lot more than just guns. Doesn't change the fact you are 10x more likely to be killed by a gun being in the US than in other developed countries. The gun related murder rate is 25x higher in the States than it is in other prosperous nations.

It is the access to these guns that give these "select few" the opportunity to misuse them. And really misuse is a misnomer as a gun's most specific purpose is to kill something that would otherwise be alive. The US constitution was ratified 230 years ago when the population of the US was around 2.5 million people. That figure today is close to 330 million and in that time mankind has seen the most radical and rapid changes to it's existence than ever before. To me that should hold little relevance to what should be the governing ideas and practices in a contemporary society.

For what possible reason does a private citizen need an Assault Rifle? Stringent regulations and restrictions have been proven to work to decrease gun violence in every country that has them. Yes, many of the underlying issues may still exist, but the tangible benefit of less violence is what should be the primary goal, at least short term. November 11th is right around the corner and I sincerely doubt that when they talk about all the heroes who fought for freedom, the freedom they're referring to is the freedom to kill each other with guns.

Agree entirely. The debate between gun sanctions for hand guns, rifles etc and owning a semi automatic weapon are very different conversations and honestly I should've prefaced my statement with that so I appreciate you pointing it out.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

Most of that gun violence is in self defense. Taking away a gun from someone defending themselves from a home invasion would bring the gun violence stats down but I doubt their and their family's corpses would care very much about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad