funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Loving it, I am happy for him, I am happy for us

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Mitchell > Scuderi ... BUT ... Scuderi >> Regehr ... so ? hopefully he's REALLY ready and 100%, it certainly sounds like he is! :)

#44 Robyn Regehr - #8 Drew Doughty
#33 Willie Mitchell - #26 Slava Voynov
#6 Jake Muzzin - #2 Matt Greene ‘A’

#55 Jeff Schultz, #27 Alec Martinez, #5 Keaton Ellerby

Down on Farm - #80 Nicolas Deslauriers, #84 Derek Forbort, #81 Andrew Campbell, #41 Alex Roach, #61 Colin Miller, Kevin Gravel, Paul LaDue, Nick Ebert

Looks like even without Scuderi we have a rather full compliment of NHL (or future NHL capable) defensemen to work with going forward.

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

Awesome article. Good job. And probably one of the shortest titles you ever made.

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009
I hope like hell that this is true; with Scuderi gone we're gonna need Willie to play like we know he can. Scuderi was a solid defender, but with Greene and Mitchell back, I think we'll be okay. Regehr will be important too, but more just to absorb some of the tough minutes and lighten the load on Willie and Greene. I think we all know that he isn't really a replacement for Scuds.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Mitchell > Scuderi ... BUT ... Scuderi >> Regehr ... so ? hopefully he's REALLY ready and 100%, it certainly sounds like he is! :)

#44 Robyn Regehr - #8 Drew Doughty
#33 Willie Mitchell - #26 Slava Voynov
#6 Jake Muzzin - #2 Matt Greene ‘A’

#55 Jeff Schultz, #27 Alec Martinez, #5 Keaton Ellerby

Down on Farm - #80 Nicolas Deslauriers, #84 Derek Forbort, #81 Andrew Campbell, #41 Alex Roach, #61 Colin Miller, Kevin Gravel, Paul LaDue, Nick Ebert

Looks like even without Scuderi we have a rather full compliment of NHL (or future NHL capable) defensemen to work with going forward.

I think Regehr will be fine in a "regular" regular season. Being a stay at home banger on defense and having a condensed schedule and changing teams probably wasn't easy. I think he'll be back to his old self in 13-14.

Mr Teeny

Aug 10, 2005
Mission Viejo, CA
At the golf tourney on 9/9, Willie said it's just about passing that last hurdle of doing it 6 days a week in game situations vs. doing it 3-4 days a week in scrimmages and practice situations. There's no way to pass that hurdle without just going out there and doing it, and then seeing how everything responds. He has every reason to believe it will respond just fine to the increased work at game-intensity, but it's still a slight unknown because it's impossible to recreate that day in & day out game scenario in the off-season.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Fingers crossed but WM said that he has "no pain for the first time in a long time" and " I feel strong". Here is to seeing a great person and true warrior back on the ice for us. Go get em William.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Fingers crossed but WM said that he has "no pain for the first time in a long time" and " I feel strong". Here is to seeing a great person and true warrior back on the ice for us. Go get em William.

Warrior and Leader, TG, and sorely missed , esp in the playoffs. Looking for a healthy and beast-like year and playoffs for Willie, straitght thru to the SC Victory parade next June.
Can't wait for Oct 3...

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Warrior and Leader, TG, and sorely missed , esp in the playoffs. Looking for a healthy and beast-like year and playoffs for Willie, straitght thru to the SC Victory parade next June.
Can't wait for Oct 3...

Me neither. We look better than ever at this point. More depth at every spot then every before or at least back into the 70's as far as I can remember. What an incredible offseason. If we can maintain an average healthy team we could be the team again this year. Can't wait one more second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad