Kings Article: LA Kings D Prospect Paul LaDue Is Still Turning Heads With AHL Ontario Reign

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Not going to know how well a rookie will perform at this level until you throw him in there.

I'm just thankful we're past the days of seeing crap like Randy Jones on the blueline.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
I don't think Gravel has struggled all that much. As a bottom pair guy, he's been comparable to a lot of other bottom pair regular NHLers.

He was called up last year for a cup of coffee and struggled. Responding to the comment that most Kings call - ups struggle the first time they are called up. Not a big deal. Agree Gravel is fine now, but that cup of coffee helped acclimate him to the NHL.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I actually think it's a good practice to call up a player, get game time against the opposition, get empirical evidence of how far away they are, then go back down to train.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
He was called up last year for a cup of coffee and struggled. Responding to the comment that most Kings call - ups struggle the first time they are called up. Not a big deal. Agree Gravel is fine now, but that cup of coffee helped acclimate him to the NHL.

I don't think he struggled too much and could of stayed up the rest of the season but the team needed the skill injection from Scuderi so I guess it made sense.

I feel that the loss to the Caps last year was put on his shoulders and I don't think he played again after that. Just like Dowd having a blind backhand pass picked off and not seeing the ice again last year as well.

LaDue will be on a short leash if he gets in the lineup. I would be shocked if he stays up all year; if he does, it means that he's crushing it out there.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I don't think he struggled too much and could of stayed up the rest of the season but the team needed the skill injection from Scuderi so I guess it made sense.

I feel that the loss to the Caps last year was put on his shoulders and I don't think he played again after that. Just like Dowd having a blind backhand pass picked off and not seeing the ice again last year as well.

LaDue will be on a short leash if he gets in the lineup. I would be shocked if he stays up all year; if he does, it means that he's crushing it out there.
Or that the Kings are taking the L on the rest of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad