GDT: LA Kings at Calgary Flames

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
How was Ortio? Finnish headline says "Finnish goalie's NHL-debut didn't go well." Was he shaky outside those goals. How was his rebound control?

I thought he played good, he did look a little shaky at times but he stopped what he should of. The 2 goals that were scored were from in close and I fault our defence more for not clearing the defenders out of the crease. Yes he could of stopped them, but I liked what I saw from him overall, he's a cool cat back there.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
How was Ortio? Finnish headline says "Finnish goalie's NHL-debut didn't go well." Was he shaky outside those goals. How was his rebound control?

He was fine. The goals were cases of the puck getting lost a little in his pads an not being able to authoritatively deal with them, but he definitely didn't let the team down or anything. Outside of the goals, he wasn't really tested, so overall the game was kind of underwhelming. Not disappointed, but also not impressed (though there's plenty to be impressed about with his work in Abbotsford).

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
From the 07:14 he played last night he seemed okay? I obviously didnt see the first period due to it being on TSN, but I remember he had a decent burst into the slot where he let a good shot go. I wish we could have seen him play on a more prominent line.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Thank you for your replies. i believe now that headline was just to get people to click the "news". Maybe that journalist who wrote it didn't even watch the game. I hate that nowadays in media (at least in Finland) everything is so black and white. There is nothing in between.

Good to hear Ortio wasn't that bad. 1st game is always tough and i believe he is getting even better when he gets more games under his belt.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I thought Granlund had a good first period, then he didn't really play much more. I'm sure Hartley is wanting to ease him in, but he did not look out of place and I thought he looked good in his own end from what I saw. I want to see more, hopefully he stays up a while.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Crappy, I slept through this game. How was Granlund?

Very good considering it was his first NHL game and he was on the fourth line. Played an average game, did what we've seen from him in Abbotsford - shot the puck, and made plays happen (even on a limited fourth line). He should be a full-time NHLer next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad