GDT: LA Kings (24-15-10) at Buffalo Sabres (22-25-4), 7:00 pm EST; MSG-B , BSW

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
In Thompson’s defense, he was forced to carry two pieces of luggage in Okposo and Skinner last night. Old school bags, not even with rollers.
I remember the look on the guys faces the time I strolled up for deployment with the CCM roller bag. They weren't too impressed until they saw how it broke down for stowage, a few more popped up on subsequent deployments

Reactions: Chainshot

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I forgot they were playing, checked the mobile app and saw it was 7-0 with 10 mins left in the 3rd and I still couldn't be bothered to go out of my way and put on the game. This team has literally killed my spirit to the point that I don't want to watch them even when winning. I don't care about the draft anymore either. I'm practically done with the Sabres and judging by the 12 page GDT, a lot of others don't care either.

Im happy for everyone who got a moral victory out of todays game.
I feel the same, but then I also check out our opponents boards to see what they are saying, and realize a bunch of them end up with like a 3 or 4 page GDT at the end of the game. Are you even a hockey fan if you don't spend the entire game on the internet, complaining about it?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I remember the look on the guys faces the time I strolled up for deployment with the CCM roller bag. They weren't too impressed until they saw how it broke down for stowage, a few more popped up on subsequent deployments

I remember going through Heathrow with old hard-sided Samsonite bags. That was the sort of effort Thompson had to get things going last night but with an added bonus of people trying to hit him with a stick.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I remember going through Heathrow with old hard-sided Samsonite bags. That was the sort of effort Thompson had to get things going last night but with an added bonus of people trying to hit him with a stick.
Heathrow... I hate that airport more than any other on the planet. I could write a book about my experiences there.

If I hadn't been looking for him, I would never have known Skinner was on the ice last night.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Yeah I'm just not as severe and fatalistic as you and many. I don't see a need for a "reckoning."

89/72/53, 24, 26 & 25 had disappointing years and our PP was a league-wide embarrassment. That's why we're in a bad spot. Marginal improvements to any of those and we'd be right in the mix for a spot in a very competitive East, which was the realistic goal this season.

The upcoming summer and season were always planned to be the end of the development phase, regardless of how last year and this year went. We overachieved last year and skewed fans' expectations. Then we underachieved this year and drove the more mercurial fans off a cliff. It's too bad the seasons weren't reversed for sanity's sake.

Sure there were tweaks that could have changed our trajectory (for better or worse), but imo we were always headed for a summer '24 of inflection points. We have enough intel on which players and prospects have developed and should be kept, we have an idea of our future cap structure. Now it's time to act. Everyone assumes Adams won't because he hasn't yet, but that's just not how time and independent events work.

I expect two major roster changes/additions and 1-2 top prospects moved before camp. Anything less will be a failure on Adams part. I also expect changes to the coaching staff. And by far most importantly, I expect the key players who this year failed themselves, their teammates, and us fans, to grow up, get serious, and prepare/perform to the requisite level.
You took the 100 thoughts in my head and laid them out nicely. This is 100% where I have been this year, especially the flip the seasons for sanity.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Heathrow... I hate that airport more than any other on the planet. I could write a book about my experiences there.

If I hadn't been looking for him, I would never have known Skinner was on the ice last night.
Looks like you never been to Dalaman airport in Turkey. Body checking small kids etc.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
A blow out win at home wearing 3rd uni's..... Who cares if announced attendance...... wasn't announced..... lol

So, don't tell me that Adams isn't convinced everything is great in Sabreland!

Meanwhile,...... Terry tells Kevyn to get rid of more deadweight salaries that he's paying for. And no new contracts...... Hey Mitt's..... you're gone!

:sarcasm::naughty:

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
John from Cheektowaga was right all along! Maybe he should replace Matt Ellis. He could just yell "Shoot" while the team is on the Power Play. It probably a better strategy that what we are currently employing.

If we had a strategy to get 4 shots on goal every power play at the complete expense of zone time or shot quality I have no doubt our PP would be improved, lol. We would also have less SHG against.

God forbid they try literally anything different on one of the worst PPs in the league.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Looks like you never been to Dalaman airport in Turkey. Body checking small kids etc...
Got serious awful quick there... Dalaman? No, but I've done a decent number of other airports.

Try taking a pissed off cat and an infant through Heathrow sometime. I'll never forgot the famous words spoken in a large concourse in Heathrow all those years ago... "Sir, take the cat out of the carrier." I've never been through Heathrow without something going wrong.

And hey, what about those Sabres last night!

• Wow
Reactions: Chainshot

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Got serious awful quick there... Dalaman? No, but I've done a decent number of other airports.

Try taking a pissed off cat and an infant through Heathrow sometime. I'll never forgot the famous words spoken in a large concourse in Heathrow all those years ago... "Sir, take the cat out of the carrier." I've never been through Heathrow without something going wrong.

And hey, what about those Sabres last night!
I been in Heathrow in transit. They were great are they? UPL looks faster than last year.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I been in Heathrow in transit. They were great are they? UPL looks faster than last year.
He does. His positioning is more sound, and he's not panicking. All those things add up to a lot of improvement. I'll get flamed for this, but I still do with he'd improve on his rebound control. He throws them out in bad places more than I would like.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Sabres put up 7 and Thompson with 1 shot and 0 points.

The Middlestadt line looks like something that could be a third line going forward of course they are talking about moving him and Greenway.

LA looked like complete garbage
It’s the first line masquerading as a 3rd. Not sure how much longer we can fool teams into thinking Skinner is still a first line forward, but let’s milk this charade until it’s exposed.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I've never had a problem in CDG. However, Frankfurt security doesn't take it kindly when they think you're carrying a gun in your camera equipment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad