LA KINGS 2023/4 Regular season discussion

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I’m having to guess what you are replying to but if Blake’s isn’t fired after a 1st rd exit then that just proof that he’s simply been following Luc’s instructions strategically. It’d be demonstrating that it was Luc’s decision to end the rebuild too early and/or that he’s incompetent by not making the change.
And who is operating the Luc marionette? because we all know he's not exactly the brains of the outfit

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I should ammend and expand my initial thought. I think Drew and Anze are influencing moves even if they don't know it.

Like something as simple as Luc, Bergevin, or Blake asks them in passing, what they see as the biggest need, Fiala gets acquired. Ask them what the biggest need is now, PLD is acquired.

It's nothing malicious or with ill intent. Just largely ineptitude and those three being in over their heads, and not knowing what to do.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I should ammend and expand my initial thought. I think Drew and Anze are influencing moves even if they don't know it.

Like something as simple as Luc, Bergevin, or Blake asks them in passing, what they see as the biggest need, Fiala gets acquired. Ask them what the biggest need is now, PLD is acquired.

It's nothing malicious or with ill intent. Just largely ineptitude and those three being in over their heads, and not knowing what to do.
I think for all intents and purposes, Kopitar and Doughty have a normal competitor mindset of wanting to win, and they want to bet on themselves to do everything they can to win again. They're players. It's normal.

I just think Blake can't sell his own vision (if he has one), and Luc doesn't care about mediocrity as long as they make the playoffs and generate revenue.

It's just a combination of apathy and/or ineptitude in getting buy-in to a change in direction. Management couldn't even stick with it themselves.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
the biggest fear I have is that we lose in the 1RD is they can Blake and replace him with Mark Bergevin , they need to do what they did in 2006 clean house , we have a decent base with QB, AT38, AT41, AL, ,CG, BC, JS, EP, and even the kid from 1000 oaks plus a couple of recent picks are only 2 to 3 years away . Give 24 option to stay or go and get what you can from Montreal for 80 with retention 0f 2.5 , heard he really wants to play there ...........by the way there are worse GM's in the past namely George Maguire and Sam "THE DISASTER" Macmaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad